Cam Belt

John swift

Hi does anyone know a decent garage around manchester to change my cam belt on my Fiat Ducato 2.3 swift low profile tried phoning 6 different garages for quotes not one has come back to me Thanks

Also has anyone used clickmechanic they quoted £395 but say they pick up and drop off and i would rather deliver it so i can see where its being done.

• 1 month later...

Just had cam belt kit plus a/c and alternator belts MOT on my X250 2.3 at Advance Motorcare in Radcliffe near Bury

Cost just under £400 no problems all sorted as requested family firm and motorhome owner

Stayed at Caravan Club site at Burrs Country Park and spent the day in Manchester as metro station 10 mins walk from garage

Ray

John swift - 2018-02-08 10:17 PM

Hi does anyone know a decent garage around manchester to change my cam belt on my Fiat Ducato 2.3 swift low profile tried phoning 6 different garages for quotes not one has come back to me Thanks

Also has anyone used clickmechanic they quoted £395 but say they pick up and drop off and i would rather deliver it so i can see where its being done.

It would be interesting to see where you ended up.

• 1 month later...
nyk - 2018-02-08 11:17 PM

Can't help with a garage but make sure it's done with a cold engine to get the timing right. Fiat

Professional dealer who charged me £495 were very particular about this.

I was browsing this thread in order to get some idea of possible charges for cam belt change.

I do not think that temperature will have any effect on timing accuracy. It will however have an effect on the mechanic carrying out the belt replacement. Vehicle engines typically operate at about 80C coolant temperature, and exhaust systems could be much hotter. Common sense dictates that the engine should be allowed to cool to about 40C before working in such very close proximity to it.

Alan

Not much use I know to the original poster but I paid £393.60 in November 2017 on our 2.3 Lt Fiat but the garage is in Brownhills near Cannock Staffordshire. Looks about the correct price for a good job. Done about 3500 since new cam belt.

Archived