Camperstop vs Aires France

Barcobird

We have just purchased the latest copy of camperstop for a trip to France which has a lot of different spots to stay at. I would like the opinion of anyone that has purchased Camperstop and the Aires book France north and south by vicarious who are soon to release their new edition.

Is it different, worth buying or more or less a replication of the Camperstop book?

"Camperstop" has all the aires that are in "All the Aires" plus a lot more. "Al the Aires" is a selection of the better ones with a good description from a more personal level.

I use both, but if I had just one it would be "Camperstop".

H

hallii - 2017-03-22 7:06 PM

"Camperstop" has all the aires that are in "All the Aires" plus a lot more. "Al the Aires" is a selection of the better ones with a good description from a more personal level.

I use both, but if I had just one it would be "Camperstop".

H

Thought it might be.

Pleased I purchased Camperstop first !

Hi

Just a thought on your question CampStop v All TheAires. Whilst deciding whether or not to buy one of these publications I saw this on the Vicarious Books website.

"Camperstop also includes many "overnight parking tolerated" areas and these are often source of much controversy in the motorhoming world. These stopovers can be very convenient, in idyllic locations and are free, but as they are unofficial they can often be unreliable. This is why this guide is also known as the Marmite guide.

"Overnight parking tolerated" areas are described by the publisher as: "officially prohibited but tolerated by local authorities". There about 1,000 unofficial parking areas in this edition of the Camper Stop Europe book.”

As far as I know all the aires in the Vicarious publication are official.

Cattwg :-D

Cattwg - 2017-03-24 7:14 PM

Hi

Just a thought on your question CampStop v All TheAires. Whilst deciding whether or not to buy one of these publications I saw this on the Vicarious Books website.

"Camperstop also includes many "overnight parking tolerated" areas and these are often source of much controversy in the motorhoming world. These stopovers can be very convenient, in idyllic locations and are free, but as they are unofficial they can often be unreliable. This is why this guide is also known as the Marmite guide.

"Overnight parking tolerated" areas are described by the publisher as: "officially prohibited but tolerated by local authorities". There about 1,000 unofficial parking areas in this edition of the Camper Stop Europe book.”

As far as I know all the aires in the Vicarious publication are official.

Cattwg :-D

Don't tell me you counted all the unofficial sites ?! (lol)

Well that's sorted that out. It's good that it has been pointed out (many times) that some places mentioned in some of the guides are not aires or free camp sites but just a case of motorhomes being tolerated. Which means you may park. Get the levelling blocks out, tables, chairs dogs on leads tied to vans, awnings out, abandoned white goods, ie old washing machines, microwaves etc left outside will not be tolerated and you will proberbly me moved. Ok so the last bit was tongue in cheek. :D

Archived