Camping Travel Club

Caddies104

HI,

Currently part of the Caravan Club and system slightly altered. We have just booked a ferry (hull/rotterdam) through c.c&c and by going through the Camping Cheque system we were able to get a much cheaper ferry fare AND included 5 free Camping cheques. Best deal we could find by far.

Go on to Caravan Club website and look around.

cheers

derek

Hi

Thanks for that, seem to be going round in circles on the site, don't think they offer vouchers for Dover/Calais ferry crossing and trying to buy the book of the sites, the website have not got the 2018 book for sale!! Will give them a ring, may be easier..

Thanks again

We used to have Camping cheques, but found them not very useful, and as you have to pay up front for them, could be expensive!

We found ACSi to be a much better deal, with far more sites than CC. The last book we had , had far less sites in the previous ones, and where mainly in France

ACSI seem to be expanding and Camping cheques decreasing in sites.

PJay

Yes agree, we mainly use Acsi but a couple of our favourite sites, one in the Ardeche and one in Annecy only use Camping cheques.

Have had an email today from camping travel club that there not doing the guide anymore, so have to go into the website to find the campsite. Not good when travelling!!

:'( >:-(

The Camping Travel Club has, unfortunately, become hopeless, from my perspective.

We've had the Silver Camping Cheque Card for some years, and used to find it quite handy. But the revised website is unusable - certainly can't search what I'm seeking in France anymore.

Yes we're big fans of the ACSI discount camping card, but there were a few naturist sites not available through ACSI, but that accepted Camping Cheques. There may still be some, but I can't find them on the website. And as you have posted, there is no longer a guidebook either.

They need to sort out the website to have any chance of surviving. Bizarre really, the old one just about worked OK, but then I suppose (cynical mode) that's progress! :'(

PJay - 2018-01-19 11:36 AM

We used to have Camping cheques, but found them not very useful, and as you have to pay up front for them, could be expensive!

We found ACSi to be a much better deal, with far more sites than CC. The last book we had , had far less sites in the previous ones, and where mainly in France

ACSI seem to be expanding and Camping cheques decreasing in sites.

PJay

H PJay,

We prefer ACSI as well but one thing to bear in mind is that the dates for acceptance of ACSI or Cheque can be different enabling you to get a discount from one or the other according to the sites rules.

I agree about pre-payment side of cheques.

cheers

derek

Caddies104 - 2018-01-19 10:32 AM

Hi

Thanks for that, seem to be going round in circles on the site, don't think they offer vouchers for Dover/Calais ferry crossing and trying to buy the book of the sites, the website have not got the 2018 book for sale!! Will give them a ring, may be easier..

Thanks again

Hi,

Must admit we booked by phoning the club but only after trying to get cheap fares through P&O website searching any offers and also C&CC as we are also members here.The price from CC was best and included superior cabin and cheques as stated. Give them a ring. Good luck

cheers

derek

mikebeaches - 2018-01-20 8:52 PM

The Camping Travel Club has, unfortunately, become hopeless, from my perspective.

We've had the Silver Camping Cheque Card for some years, and used to find it quite handy. But the revised website is unusable - certainly can't search what I'm seeking in France anymore.

Yes we're big fans of the ACSI discount camping card, but there were a few naturist sites not available through ACSI, but that accepted Camping Cheques. There may still be some, but I can't find them on the website. And as you have posted, there is no longer a guidebook either.

They need to sort out the website to have any chance of surviving. Bizarre really, the old one just about worked OK, but then I suppose (cynical mode) that's progress! :'(

Agree. Part of the email from them said you can check our website SOON,.. It's nearly February!! Loosing a lot of customers, when you can get the Acsi in December. *-)

Archived