Can I take eggs to Spain?

Fifo

Does anyone know whether it is permitted to take a box off eggs in to Spain?

The online information about eggs varies from “ yes definitely ” to “ “ certainly not” I know about the ban on meat and dairy products and intend to abide by it but we arrive on Constitution weekend and, from many years experience, finding anywhere open to shop is difficult. I like to have a couple of meals in stock.

That’s assuming the whole thing isn’t called off however !

You will note this on the relevant EU webpage.

Rules when travelling from a non-EU country

If you travel to the EU from a non-EU country, you are not allowed to bring any meat or dairy products with you. You can however bring a limited quantity of fruit and vegetables as well as eggs, egg products and honey.

https://europa.eu/youreurope/citizens/travel/carry/meat-dairy-animal/index_en.htm

Thanks Charles, this is the Portsmouth ferry where about 50% of the time we are stopped and searched. I’m not going to lie to anyone but on the other hand want to take my Christmas pud, hate tea without milk and want some eggs for a first night meal.

Plymouth-Santander Brittany Ferries

- no gas checks either crossing

- security came into van and looked in shower and loo compartment both crossings

- no food checks or questions, walked past fridge both times

- UK security confiscated a second 5L can of diesel (it was fuel shortage times), only allowed one so fair enough.

Archived