Chauson Curtains

stewartkingswood

Hi - it's two years now since we traded in our Chausson S2, which we owned for 5 years from new. A great van.

From memory, I think the only curtains on the habitation windows were nets (with cassette blinds). And the cab had a pair of curtains for privacy.

The thing that puzzled us was that we could' find any way to remove the net curtains! :-S

i have washed the curtains on our Swift, and the cab ones are coated , with a sort of rubbery / back coat. A gentle wash in the machine. they came out OK. Suggest maybe use a non bio soap I have even washed the net blinds, by soaking gently in the bath. About do them again.

PJay

stewartkingswood - 2017-10-16 7:30 PM

Thanks for the replies all windows have blinds curtains and net curtains. It is the fabric curtains we would like to wash. They are just a material type of fabric. We removed the nets very quickly after buying.

I believe I have given the wrong impression. When I said nets , I meant the flyscreen ones. Took them apart to wash, then put them back

Net curtains , are a no no in vans.I agree.

If the curtains are normal fabric , as mine are. they wash Ok Perhaps just a hand wash, if you are not sure, or take to the dry cleaners. If they are just dusty, give them a good shake and vacuum

PJay

stewartkingswood - 2017-10-16 7:30 PM

Thanks for the replies all windows have blinds curtains and net curtains. It is the fabric curtains we would like to wash. They are just a material type of fabric. We removed the nets very quickly after buying.

Apologies our Flash S2 DID have curtains as well as nets and blinds - I've just come across some pics of the interior I'd taken!

There seems to be a consensus on here that net curtains are a no-no in MHs. They certainly are in our case, which is why we found it so strange there was no way to remove them, other than cutting them out - which we chose not to do.

With our new van, the nets were easily removable and were the first thing to come out when we got it.

And next was the heavy and ugly TV bracket that was supplied.

Not to mention the cream carpets and the 'Meccano' set to make up the third bed!

stewartkingswood - 2017-10-18 4:25 PM

Mike

The nets were very easy to remove, a screw inside the cupboard above the curtains removed the centre pole support bracket which allows the pole to flex out of the end supports and then the curtains and nets slide off. Took some thinking about with a little help from the supplier.

Stewart

Well done you Stewart!! B-)

We both looked and looked and could not see any way to do it. And, unfortunately, it's a bit late for us now...

Appreciate the information, but can't believe I didn't manage to crack it. :-o

Archived