Ci Cipro

tcress

tcress - 2016-09-27 5:35 PM

Are they fuel monsters?

A quick calculation may help answer this...

Say you do 3,000 miles a year, then at 30 mpg this will consume 100 gallons of diesel. If it only does 25 mpg then it will need 120 gallons. The extra 20 gallons will cost you just over £100 by my reckoning.

So you are spending £20,000+ on a MH and worrying over £100 of fuel! If you are going to have to worry over the running cost then don't buy it! Next...

Which chassis is the one you are looking at built on? If it is the 2003 Mercedes I have seen advertised then subject to a habitation and damp check BUY IT! IMO you will not get a better base vehicle than the MB Sprinter! My personal opinion you realise, others may disagree but...

Come back with more info or any other questions you may have.

Keith.

Fully agree about the fuel bit.

I have purposefully not calculated what our M/H does to the gallon, don't want to know, when it needs filling up, I fill it up, and note the cost and that's it. Tend to go in 1/2 tanks because a full tank is flipping expensive, - yes I know, no difference, perhaps marginal on weight, but it feels better on the forecourt.

The van is our hobby and a luxury, - The pastime I have chosen has costs, and as long as I can meet the bills then all is good, - If I cannot or find it's causing monetary stress then I need find another hobby that's cheaper. If I need to dig deep into M/H costs them I probably cannot afford it.

Saying that of course we are not in it to waste our hard earned and want the best deals.

Archived