Control Panel - Trigano Tribute, instructions needed

Strider48

Hello everyone.

I'm a newbie to motorhomes but have camped and caravanned for decades. We have just bought a 54 plate Tribby (not sure if it's a 550, 650 or something else - the dealer didn't know and the manuals don't say) and I need some information regarding the control panel. The dealer ran through the functions at speed. "That's for the batteries or the tanks, you don't need that switch because it doesn't work anymore, this is automatic..."

When I got home I went through the supplied Tribute manual (almost without laughing out loud) to find that it simply says that there is a control panel and it may be in one or other locations.

My experience with caravans tells me that this sort of thing is important and misuse is likely to cause significant damage. I've checked this forum and the Motorhome Facts forum, read the excellent 650 Tribby hire setup instructions at http://www.maccinfo.com/nothtml/650-Instructions.pdf, gone through the various websites providing info on Nordelettronica (who make the panel) and whatever I can find from Sargents Electrical Services Ltd who supply some panels in the UK. I have found out that it isn't an NE 152 or NE 154 or even a NE 148 (I downloaded their manual too). Can anyone scan and email me the manual? The panel looks like this:

I know what the three buttons to the bottom left do, I know that the scales of leds show battery charge or fluid levels but how do I switch between showing the habitation battery and the cab battery or the fresh water tank and the grey water tank? And that little sausage to the middle right. What is it and why is there a light under it?

Please help...

IMG_0674s.jpg.2cfcf314993b465f5d8164b34f559c21.jpg

....in the absence of any replies so far, I'll have a guess (but based on experience of a few different panels).

I suspect the "sausage" with a light is the indicator that the split/charge relay is engaged and working. If this is so, you would expect to see it when the engine is running (and it may well be inhibited if also on mains at the same time) to indicate that the 12V split charge system is working and charging both vehicle and leisure batteries. There is a similar function on CBE panels.

As for checking each of the functions, I would expect repeated presses of the "Test" button to cycle through the various functions not covered by a dedicated button.

• 3 years later...

I know this is an old thread, but found it when looking for something else and it has information which may be of use to others.

The Display screen is similar to many Nordelettronica displays (based on the NE 101?) so this applies to several others in the range.

I have nothing to add to Robin Hoods suggestions, except for one thing, the 'illuminated sausage symbol' is indicating a fault in the Fuseboard, such as a failed Fuse.

One other thing of note is that these systems can draw 36ma when left on, which drops to 12ma when turned off.

The Nordelettronica company is not defunct, it is very much alive and well.

Archived