Corsica

Tomored

Hi, We are already planning our next years holiday, This year we went to Sicily and had a great time. In 2013 we hope to be going to Corsica and I am trying to find information regarding ferries and this years prices if anyone has been, for 5 mtr a motorhome+2. ports of departure ect.

If you GOOGLE-search on "corse camping-car" (omitting the quotes) you'll retrieve plenty of (in French) information that may be helpful.

It's worth being aware that opinions expressed in French motorhome magazines about visiting Corsica have, over the years, included some seriously negative comments relating to aggressive behaviour by the local inhabitants towards motorcaravans. This is a 2009 piece

http://leclairon.blog.lemonde.fr/2007/07/28/camping-cars-indesirables-en-corse/

Not sure if this helps, but friends went to Corsica a few years ago, and after a while ended up putting van on sites and hiring small car for touring mountains as there were some routes not suitable (apparently) and would have taken the shine off the site seeing element. Just an idea.

They said the scenary was spectacular.

Guest JudgeMental
Lovely Island, we went years ago, flew and hired car and toured around..... the mountainous west coast roads will scare the life out of you, but would happily go back in our panel van camper

Well thanks a lot for your comments. From what I have found out so far the cost from Livorno to Bastia is about £485 in September and October, This is one of shortest crossings.I would want to be going in May and June so would expect the price to be more. This price is really to much for me so I think now that maybe I shan't be going after all, as I already have one ferry from the Isle-of Wight and one from Dover to Calais before I get to take this one. :'(

Archived