Crit'Air sticker not arrived

pagey

hi has anyone recieved their sticker yet i got an email showing what sticker i will get and that it was to be posted to me that was on march 2nd still not arrived i have emailed them but not had an answer as yet pagey

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pagey,

like you I got an e'mail on 2nd March informing me that my sticker was 'en route'. However, unlike you mine arrived on Monday 13th March. It might be worth waiting a couple more days before chasing it further.

Hope this helps!!

Got mine this morning.

It is designed to shred if removed, same as the German umlautplackette. Having had two replacement windscreens to date on our present van (so now needing my third German "sticker"), I'd quite like to stick these to something that can be removed from the screen (yes, I know they are carefully designed to prevent removal and possible transfer between vehicles, but I'm only visiting, and getting a replacement is an unwelcome faff!).

One used to be able to get a simple, transparent, circular, clear plastic tax disc holder that merely relied on the adhesion of the plastic to the screen, and so was peelable. Had a prowl around Halfords this PM and (inevitably, in the absence of tax discs), couldn't find anything of the kind. Anyone got any ideas?

Doesn't want to be something that relies on glue, as it will probably not peel. Then, stick the low emissions sticker/s to the peelable plastic, allowing it/them to be transferred onto a new screen if/when necessary.

Brian Kirby - 2017-03-16 6:18 PM

Got mine this morning.

It is designed to shred if removed, same as the German umlautplackette. Having had two replacement windscreens to date on our present van (so now needing my third German "sticker"), I'd quite like to stick these to something that can be removed from the screen (yes, I know they are carefully designed to prevent removal and possible transfer between vehicles, but I'm only visiting, and getting a replacement is an unwelcome faff!).

One used to be able to get a simple, transparent, circular, clear plastic tax disc holder that merely relied on the adhesion of the plastic to the screen, and so was peelable. Had a prowl around Halfords this PM and (inevitably, in the absence of tax discs), couldn't find anything of the kind. Anyone got any ideas?

Doesn't want to be something that relies on glue, as it will probably not peel. Then, stick the low emissions sticker/s to the peelable plastic, allowing it/them to be transferred onto a new screen if/when necessary.[/quote

I'd be bold an look out for a car with a defunct tax disc in their car in a supermarket car park and ask the owner for it. We still have one in an old car of ours and I will use it for my sticker. I wouldn't mind if someone approached me in a car park and said could they have it. Got my sticker, yet to put it on the van. A greyish 5 sadly.

Veronica

pagey - 2017-03-16 12:07 PM

hi spospe at the top or bottom thanks pagey

The video on the French site dealing with the stickers, shows it being placed at the bottom of the screen.

https://www.certificat-air.gouv.fr/en/aide-certificate (If this link does not go directly to the video, click on the yellow, "Affix your certificate" link at the top of the page).

kevandali - 2017-03-19 7:31 AMSorry People, have I missed something here, is this Crit'Air thing something else we need when going over the water to France?

Seehttp://forums.outandaboutlive.co.uk/forums/Motorhomes/Motorhome-Matters/New-Pollution-Regulations-France/46166/Bas

Except of course that if you are going to use the motorways within the Grenoble zone to go to Aix-en-Provence or Nice avoiding the A7, these also require the sticker see

https://www.crit-air.fr/en/information-about-the-critair-vignette/french-environmental-zones-zcr/grenoble-zone-zpa.html

Paragraph to the right part way down the screen, headed 'Affected tourist and commercial traffic in the region of Grenoble'.

Also there are a further 23 Cities and Towns about to introduce this regulation. Apparently Lyon is looking to bring in the motorways within its zone as well so may affect through travellers.

Also just noticed, on the page cited as I read it, that Grenoble isn't going to signpost all areas affected, only Grenoble itself!!

Bas

Basil - 2017-03-19 10:19 AM

Also there are a further 23 Cities and Towns about to introduce this regulation. Apparently Lyon is looking to bring in the motorways within its zone as well so may affect through travellers.

Bas

We travel south each year on the motorway past / through Lyon and this was for us, the main reason to get a sticker at this time. However I know that countries such as Austria and Switzerland require that you have their motorway vignettes even if you do not intend to use their motorways, should you be forced onto them as a result of congestion or accident. My be I am being alarmist, but I imagine that the French will take the same view with the Crit'Air sticker.

Archived