Crossing into Spain or Italy from France

John52

We had no problem crossing into and out of Spain via France but that was last winter. Do not think its any different now. Only got back last week from the summer trip of 2 months going into Belgium, Luxemburg and Germany again via France no extra checks apart from in May a very quick show of the Covid Pass on the phone and I mean Quick check..

John, at the beginning of June from Italy I went to France (Montgenevre pass), no one checked us either outward or on the return.

None of my friends currently abroad (from Norway to Portugal) have ever talked about controls.

Next Monday from Italy I will leave for Dublin, no country that I will cross provides for any form of Pass.

I will bring the European covid pass (I have just received the fourth jab) but it is just a precaution just in case.

As you know, while you are abroad things can change from evening to next morning but it's out of our control.

I forgot to mention.

Have a set of face masks with you, somewhere (e.g. museums) they may still be required.

Max

Friends unexpectedly travelled down to just south of Florence via Mt. Blanc tunnel in early June (They'd planned a family do and had intended to go EasyJet - but EasyJet summarily cancelled the flights so everyone decided to go by road instead rather than cancel the property rental). All arrived without problem on various routes and different border crossings.

Our friends have a Bilbo's VW Transporter camper conversion and did the whole trip in two days each way, driving in turns two hours on, two hours off. Overnight stops both ways in France just south of Geneva. So, just under 1,000 miles each way with one overnight stop and two (very!) early departures. Not from choice, but when the Devil dives? If there'd been border problems they'd never have done it! :-) In the end they were surprised at how easy it was.

I went from France to Italy at Ventimiglia mid June with no formalities problems at all. No official border.

Went from Italy to Switzerland at Simplon - just waved through. Then Switzerland to Germany at Rheinfelden - just waved through

Jeremy

Archived