Delaminted windows

Greensman

Hello first time user so please be patient. I have a mclouis glen 690 motorhome 04 plate. Could anyone help with delamination of windows. All my windows are delaminating i understand there was a recall by mclouis on certain chasis numbers, i have sent my chasis number to sae regarding this problem and they tell me mine is not on recall list. I was wondering if anyone has any ideas or do i just stand the cost when i think it is a manufactoring fault.

Delamination of “Polyplastic” windows (fitted to many makes of caravans and motorhomes) was widely reported in the past

https://www.google.co.uk/?gws_rd=ssl#q=polyplastic+window+delamination

and this 2014 MHFun thread mentions 2004/2005 McLouis vehicles.

https://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/threads/mclouis-window-recall-polyplastics.95045/

McLouis is one of of the S.E.A. (Società Europea Autocaravan) brands and, since 2013, S.E.A. has been part of the French TRIGANO Group. I’m a mite surprised that S.E.A. nowadays would actually have a window-delamination ‘recall list’ going back 12 years or so and (being realistic) would be prepared to involve themselves in 2017 with a problem that’s really the responsibility of the Polyplastic window-manufacturing company.

I agree with Yeti (though Greensman has not said whether the McLouis was purchased from a motorhome dealership or privately, nor whether the vendor has already been contacted about the problem). If responsibility for addressing the window-delamination (which won’t have suddenly occurred) cannot be laid at the vendor’s door, contacting Polyplastic would be worth trying.

http://polyplastic.nl/contact

Greensman - 2017-06-19 4:56 PM

Hello first time user so please be patient. I have a mclouis glen 690 motorhome 04 plate. Could anyone help with delamination of windows. All my windows are delaminating i understand there was a recall by mclouis on certain chasis numbers, i have sent my chasis number to sae regarding this problem and they tell me mine is not on recall list. I was wondering if anyone has any ideas or do i just stand the cost when i think it is a manufactoring fault.

Hi

I had a 2005 Elnagh Slim 6 which was by SEA and was fitted with Polyplastic windows. There was indeed a recall on these by Polyplastic for separating and there was an option-Have them repaired FoC which was basically a screw through each corner of the window & sealed, or replaced at a discount price. Polyplastic organsied all this via local Approved Repairers and guarenteed the windows afterwards.

I was contacted by Polyplastic as the registered owner via DVLA. I suggest you contact Polyplastic direct as they do know about the fault and can tell you the numbers on the windows which were faulty (I'm not sure but they may have had a list of the numbers on the website) They were very helpful to me and sorted the problem very quickly although only one of mine actually separated.

Good Luck

Mike

Archived