Dometic awning

Mickydripin

Hi all,

I have a Dometic awning that looked quite new when I brought my camper and it looks as though the winding mechanism is up the duff the winder goes straight past the internal winder and is a hell of a job getting it out, have any of you had this problem.

I have always had Fiamma awnings before and had no problems Dometic does not seam the quality of Fiamma awnings.

Mike

I assume that your awning winds in and out satisfactorily apart from the issue you describe.

The only light that I can throw on it is, that when attempting to remove the winding arm, I need to push/lift the winder further into the recess slightly before turning the handle to line up the lugs for withdrawal. It seems like the mechanism has raised lips to stop the winder simply rotating and falling out and the winder sits in the recesses when in use.

It can be a little bit of a nuisance, but perhaps better than having the handle able to slip out and cause damage.

Davy

Hi found the problem,

Went down to Hymer at stafford today it seams that the Bozo that sold me the van has lost or kept the one off my van and (brought one oft FleBay "Hymers words") and it is the wrong one.

It has just cost me £80 for the proper one.

Just shows you can not check everything when you buy Van.

Thanks for the reply. Mike.

Archived