Double Skillet

brom

Those who liked the Double Skillet for motorhome cooking might like to know it is now available from;

The Double Skillet Pan Company,

Unit 10, Waverlodge Business park,

Waverledge Street,

Great Harwood,

Lancashire BB6 7LS.

www.thedoubleskilletpancompany.com

The Missus loved our old one, but after many years of use, the Non-Stick surface was wearing away. She's very chuffed to be able to source a replacement - although at the moment they are only producing the smaller size. The skillet arrived very quickly, and customer service appears to be good.

Ricardo1 - 2017-01-17 10:52 PM

www.thedoubleskilletpancompany.com just been on :-D

And you wouldn't happen to be the 'Owner' of that website by any chance would you?

For info Ricardo1 has only only ever made one other post since joining the forum 12 months ago...

"Hello everyone

Myself and the other half have been keen campers for well over 30 years and we still are. We use the double skillet pan on a regular basis that we have had since new and wouldn't do without it, however,as the original suppliers are no longer in business we have an opportunity to have these manufactured to the same spec if not better than the originals.

So, I'm doing a bit of market research in asking you good people whether there would be any interest.

Thank you for your input"

http://forums.outandaboutlive.co.uk/forums/General-Chat/Chatterbox/Double-skillet-avaialblity/40636/

Keith.

Hello Tony

Whilst the double skillet is wonderful for camping I don't think it comes into full home use category. It isn't heavy duty enough - but when camping, of course, you are usually after something lightweight.

At home I am a great one-pot cooker and find either a large Berndez or Woll saute pan with lid (they also have removable handles), totally excellent for nearly everything. Ours is used virtually every day. If you have no oven, I'd suggest one of these, and perhaps a multi-layer steamer/pan for the other ring. And if you wish to roast or bake, a sort of Dutch Oven will sit on a ring and work fine - in the same way as the double skillet does in a motorhome.

All hob cooking works better on gas as it is more adjustable and controllable than electric hobs - but if you have electricity, then that is what you have. Perhaps one of these single burner camping stoves might come in handy as an adjunct to your facilities? We also have a stove-top baked potato 'pan' which is designed to fit over a gas burner - and you can also heat pies/bread rolls in it.

Sorry to go on - just a few thoughts.

Good luck, Rona

Keithl - 2017-01-18 7:16 AM

And you wouldn't happen to be the 'Owner' of that website by any chance would you?

For info Ricardo1 has only only ever made one other post since joining the forum 12 months ago...

"Hello everyone

Myself and the other half have been keen campers for well over 30 years and we still are. We use the double skillet pan on a regular basis that we have had since new and wouldn't do without it, however,as the original suppliers are no longer in business we have an opportunity to have these manufactured to the same spec if not better than the originals.

So, I'm doing a bit of market research in asking you good people whether there would be any interest.

http://forums.outandaboutlive.co.uk/forums/General-Chat/Chatterbox/Double-skillet-avaialblity/40636/

Keith.

Sorry , I don't see your point?

Tony Jones - 2017-01-18 8:56 AM

Interested in this for our new flat in France, which only has two electric rings and no oven!

Can those who've had these tell me about the thickness and quality of the metal? Would it cope withth regular HOME use, as opposed to holidays in the van?

Thanks

2mm thick aluminium 8inch diameter detatchable handles top spec non stick interior with coated exterior, manufactuer for us through a well established company that manufactures for many to brands, more info on the web site. We use one at home and in the camper as do many people.Hope this helps

Ricardo1 - 2017-01-18 1:13 PM

"Hello everyone

Keith.

If you are plugging your own product why not say so rather than slyly as though you are a 'customer'.

Keith.

Keithl - 2017-01-18 1:19 PM

Ricardo1 - 2017-01-18 1:13 PM

"Hello everyone

Keith.

If you are plugging your own product why not say so rather than slyly as though you are a 'customer'.

Keith.

I didn't and I won't, I just verfying the fact that the website was OK and that I'd been on.

I bought our DS about 25 years ago and it was used at least twice a day,and it lasted well and was still serviceable up until the van was nicked with the DS in it. I also bought the egg poacher with it at the same time,need one of those as well,keep looking out for one.

While we are talking Skillet -

My wife likes her toast, We do most of our camping off hook so of course the toaster is inoperative, we have 3 burner gas hob and a cadac safari (for warm weather use). We bought a device which is essentially a wire structure which sits over a burner, - the toast actually caught fire at the bottom and didn't cook at the top - and set the smoke alarm off, decided that this gadget probably wasn't the best idea, - Yes we were taking care *-) .

What is the recommended (and reasonably safe) method of preparing toast in a motorhome?

Archived