Ducato Engine Number

Nigelord

I'm just at the DVLA stage of registering an imported MH and struggling with the lengthy V55/4 form (and the rather unhelpful guide they send with it). My main problem is finding the engine number for the x290 2015 Ducato on which the MH is based. This doesn't seem to be included on any of the documents included from Fiat - or the supplier.

I think I've located it on the engine block - but (if it is the engine number) it's so crudely done, I can't read it properly. It appears to have been 'engraved' with a small punch so that the characters are made up of individual 'dots'. Can anyone offer any advice on this? Does it sound like this actually is the engine number? What's the usual format for this number on the latest models? Is it included anywhere else on the vehicle?

Any help would be gratefully received - I don't want to give the DVLA any reason for delaying registration!

TIA,

Nigel

Nigel, I'm not sure the DVLA will refuse registration without it. I am awaiting delivery of a new Carthago Malibu which is in the country but just having some additional equipment fitted. However, I did receive the V5 and CoC this week after first registration (done by the dealership) but there is no engine number recorded but it has still been issued.

David

The ePER info is correct as far as I can see, in my van the number it gave me, and Fiat gave me is the same as that which is on a paper sticker on the engine but in Europe they won't accept that for the log book, it only tells you what number engine it left the factory with, not what engine is currently in the van. This causes a lot of people importing to european countries a lot of hassle, for example I had to send my van to Fiat to find it, costing a lot of money, only to be told they couldn't find the engine number either!

• 3 years later...

Archived