ELB 119 ? ENGINE BATTERY FUSE?

fesspark

fesspark - 2019-09-18 9:31 AM

Thanks John. everything looks good we now find the fridge runs of the 12volt system via the engine battery ion a constant supply, so must be a fuse somewhere for that? Fesspark

I am surprised that the fridge and other habitation electrics take a supply from the engine/starter battery. I would expect that the habitation battery was a more likely source. If the supply is taken from the starter battery, and you are on site without EHU, the starter battery could become partly discharged, unless there was a balancing charge from solar or other source.

Alan

Thank you to all who responded to my predicament ref Fridge freezer.After rechecking for the 3 rd time into the 119, we decided to replace the SPARE fuse?, 10 amp to the spare 4 fuse,position, it has worked, why is the 4 position on this transformer marked as a spare? We have lost a load

of frozen food from the freezer and 24 hours of our 1 st holiday this summer trying to sort it out fesspark

Alanb - 2019-09-18 5:28 PM

fesspark - 2019-09-18 9:31 AM

Thanks John. everything looks good we now find the fridge runs of the 12volt system via the engine battery ion a constant supply, so must be a fuse somewhere for that? Fesspark

I am surprised that the fridge and other habitation electrics take a supply from the engine/starter battery. I would expect that the habitation battery was a more likely source. If the supply is taken from the starter battery, and you are on site without EHU, the starter battery could become partly discharged, unless there was a balancing charge from solar or other source.

Alan

If the information given to Fesspark is correct and the supply is taken from the starter battery (B1), there are perhaps 3 possible points of connection. First as been suggested, at the starter battery positive pole, In this case I would expect to find three fuses connected at that location. (50A charging to split charge/battery circuit relay, 20A fridge supply, and the maintained supply). Secondly a maintained supply could be obtained from the compressor fridge supply, at Block 1, pin 2. The third alternative is the starter battery output at Block 5, pin 8, but this may be dedicated to the control panel? On the EBL 199, it is protected inside the EBL by a 2.5A polyswitch.

Alan

The "Reserve" (Spare) fuse positions in EBLs protect existing wired outlets on the EBL socket blocks that aren't designated as for specific use by Schaudt, hence aren't labelled with any function other than "Reserve".

These extra circuits may be used by a converter for additional equipment, and/or by an owner for much the same reason.

The outlets that each "Reserve" fuse protects can be determined from the "block diagram" for the particular EBL model, and in this case, two separate circuits in the "block 5" connector are thus fused (up to a total maximum output of 25A - if a fuse of that value is appropriate).

Note that, due to vagaries of the converter, all kinds of circuitry may be added, and indeed, it is not uncommon for some of the "labelled" fuses not to protect what the label says.

EBL119Spare4.JPG.19c428e7d7dc43325b64d11ab2f9e18c.JPG

Archived