Eberspacher Hydronic Heaters

La Hobo

Having recently acquired a 2007 MORELLO, I tried this morning to get the Eberspacher heater running but to no avail.

This weekend I am going to the Peterborough show and, as there is no electric hook ups I may need some heat (hopefully not). Is there an easy fix?

It works okay on mains and the Webasto appears to be heating up okay but the blowers do not blow.

I have checked the trips in the wardrobe and the two large and six small fuses behind the wardrobe panel and all seem to be good.

I look forward to your replies and thank you in advance as you help will be much appreciated.

Kind Regards, Hobo

Good Morning ham.

My Webasto is the older HYDRONIC D5W SC and does not seem to have this function or am I missing something but thanks for reply.

Hobo

PS The fuel tank is 3/4 full but the previous owner was known to run it very low, could this be an issue?

La Hobo - 2018-04-17 9:44 AM

Good Morning ham.

My Webasto is the older HYDRONIC D5W SC

Hobo,

Hydronic heaters are manufactured by Eberspacher and NOT Webasto hence why you are probably not getting the answers you need.

I'll change the title of your post to reflect this.

I have a lot of info on Eberspacher heaters but here is a very good website offering troubleshooting advice...

http://www.letonkinoisvarnish.uk/eberspacher_intro_1.html

Keith.

Hi Keith,

Sorry for the confusion but I have just realised my Webasto is not,

its an EBERSPACHER HYDRONIC D5 W SC

(I must write out 500 times, not all vacuum cleaners are Hoovers and not all motorhome heaters are Webasto.)

OK, I have just worked out you actually have a Murvi Morello PVC on a 2007 Fiat Ducato!

For info Morelo (single L) is also a manufacturer of Mh's! Hence my confusion! (a bit like calling all vacuum cleaners Hoovers).

Please can you explain your fault in a bit more detail as the Eberspacher D5WZ is Diesel fired so I don't understand how it can be heating up when on mains?

Does the Eberspacher heaters fuel pump 'tick' when you try to turn it on?

Keith.

rupert123 - 2018-04-17 11:12 AM

Does this model have electric heating in addition to the diesel? If so when you say it works on mains do you mean it fires up on diesel, if so it is, as Mike88 said, almost certainly lack of battery power.

I think it works on mains because the battery is probably fully charged when plugged in.

Mike88 - 2018-04-17 11:27 AM

I think it works on mains because the battery is probably fully charged when plugged in.

Would a way to prove this be, with the mains disconnected, start the engine (so that in theory the leisure battery is at alternator voltage) and then to switch on the heater and see if it works correctly?

This may also show that the battery is suspect.

Cattwg :-D

Trouble-shooting and repair instructions for the Hydronic D4 W SC appliance are here:

https://www.butlertechnik.com/downloads/Eberspacher_Heater_Hydronic_B4WSC_D5WSC_Workshop_manual.pdf

As has already been suggested, as the heater apparently works OK when the motorhome is connected to a 230V power-supply (when the battery powering the heater will presumably be being charged) it seems likely that the heater now requires a higher voltage to operate properly than the battery can supply when no 230V hook-up is being used. As Cattwg says, it would be worth checking whether the heater will operate OK when the motorhome’s engine is running.

It’s also worth saying that these heaters do need the occasional service to maintain their efficiency.

Hi All,

Just to let you know, with the help of my very good friend who is a qualified electrician, all now appears to be working okay. We traced the problem back to the blue box behind the wardrobe panels which is the Eberspacher ECU. where the relays were not operating.

After much cleaning and fiddling the blower started on battery power so, fingers crossed, all is well.

The heating on my Murvi Morello works on mains electricity and on the diesel fuel Eberspacher .without

mains connection.

While it was connected to the mains, everything, including the blower that distributes the heat, worked perfectly.

When off mains connection, Eberspacher worked well and heated the water but the blower unit did not.

Thankyou, everyone for your help with this problem, it has been much appreciated, Hobo

Archived