Eurotunnel

snail

Hi hoping to cross end of November catching a 0 7.50 train does anyone know where I can spend the night looked at services, stupid money! Looking for a good size lay-by or something like? Don't really want to drive down and cross as it's 180 miles from home, and want to do some 200 miles in france before first stop en route to Spain

Thanks snail

snail - 2016-10-27 4:38 PM

Hi hoping to cross end of November catching a 0 7.50 train does anyone know where I can spend the night looked at services, stupid money! Looking for a good size lay-by or something like? Don't really want to drive down and cross as it's 180 miles from home, and want to do some 200 miles in france before first stop en route to Spain

Thanks snail

Why not try asking the tunnel people ? When we used the tunnel a few years ago the was (and probably still) a large parking area where they hold you, and I believe you can get an earlier train . Do the trains run all night? It,s going to be dark earlier then any way, so may just as well travel in France in the dark

PJay

answered my own question. trains run from 6am to midnight

The shell services just before the tunnel is pretty good. We've never paid to stay, although we have arrived late.

Why not go over to France on the later crossing, its cheaper then and stay at LeTouquet or Etaples.

It does say no MH's nor at Etaples, but 4 weeks ago no one minded and we'll be there Sat evening.

Then the following morning you can stock up with some amazing cakes and bread at the local Patisserie.

I can give direction if required to probably the best Patisserie in France. I have the waste line to prove it.

Back in August we used the Black Horse Farm Caravan Club site at Densole just north of the Terminal for our 04:30 train. They have a dedicated area for Tunnel travellers but if you fancy a Pub car park the nearby Black Horse Inn will let you park there if you use the Pub.

B-)

If you just want somewhere to sleep for a few hours maybe the Pet Check In Centre at the Folkstone Terminal would serve.  It's a separate building with its own access and car park just before the check ins, no barriers, on the right.  It's not supposed to be for parking and waiting but if you arrive late and leave early I would think you will be OK; there were a couple of motorhomes doing this last time we went through there.

Archived