Free 130-page MMM Sample Issue

Lucie Cranfield

Hello All,

We have produced a brand-new 130-page MMM digital sample issue for you to try - completely FREE!

You can see for yourself why MMM is the UK’s best-selling motorhome magazine, this FREE issue is packed with top travel, tests, technical and more! So why not download the sample issue now and give it a try, click here - http://motorhome.ma/sample18

Merry Christmas and best wishes for the new year from everyone at MMM magazine!

Lucie :-D

You have to register with email address, user name, and jump through hoops to get it and I really can't be bothered.

Shame really as it would have been interesting to see if it has improved and become any more relevant now than it was the last time I looked - about 2012!

We didn't use sites, didn't buy new vans, didn't cook recipes, didn't follow the route of others and that didn't leave a lot, other than loadsa adverts, that was relevant to our motorhoming!

Still, no doubt someone likes it and will appreciate the freebie!!

Thanks for all your comments on the free sample digital MMM magazine.

I'll try to answer all your points in one post:

• The issue is completely free. You don't have to pay anything.

• Yes you do need to register with Pocketmags.

• They will not charge you anything.

• Just as an observation - you all registered and provided a name and email address to use this forum. This forum is free just like the sample issue.

• You don't need to jump through any hoops.

• We can't post a PDF or a Word version of a magazine. The digital issue has additional elements like video, sound files, live web links, scrolling picture galleries, etc all embedded.

• Using Linux should make no difference - you can read it online or on a mobile device without any additional software.

• You don't need the app, you can view on a laptop, PC or Mac without an app.

• The app is free, it is not a 'chargeable gadget'.

• You will need the app for mobile devices like tablets, smartphones, etc but, as I said above, the app is free and the sample issue is free.

• The free issue is just a sample of what's in the normal MMM digital issues.

• We appreciate the digital version of MMM is not for everyone but the thousands of people who have bought an issue suggest it is well suited for many readers' needs.

• We will continue with the printed version of MMM also, so there remains a choice between paper and digital.

• And yes we appreciate MMM isn't for everyone.

Thanks again for your comments.

Hi,

Thanks for the offer, but I'm a techno-wimp (never had a lesson in my life). I know if I start to click strange things, my PC will throw a wobbly.

As for magazines, I NEED more than I can afford, so have decided not to buy any. Instead, magazines are priced about right for me to put them on my birthday and Christmas prezzy list, when my grand-children ask. That way I get to see one edition of all mags, once a year.

Pocketmags is a ‘digital newstand’ that offers a huge number of magazines in digital format.

For example these publications might be of interest to people who participate on these forums

https://pocketmags.com/search/caravan

As Daniel Attwood explains above, a magazine designed to be distributed digitally will not normally be a simple downloadable .pdf file, but will have extra bells and whistles (video-clips, links, etc.) that cannot be provided within a ‘paper’ publication.

The Pocketmags website is ‘secure’ and I’m certain you will have provided an email address to organisations other than these forums. Obviously you’ll need to provide an email address to receive the free MMM sample issue, but if you are really concerned about providing your ‘personal’ and private' email address, set up a ‘disposable’ one.

It strikes me that, if you need special software to be able to read something, sooner or later there will be an incompatibility that prevents you from reading older versions. You could also be held to ransom to pay for new software, to be able to continue to be able to read it and "take advantage of new features".

You will never have your own copy so will need internet access to be able to read them.

Derek Uzzell - 2017-12-15 9:00 AM

As Daniel Attwood explains above, a magazine designed to be distributed digitally will not normally be a simple downloadable .pdf file, but will have extra bells and whistles (video-clips, links, etc.) that cannot be provided within a ‘paper’ publication. .

I appreciate what Daniel says but I don't need any add-ons to enhance my life.

A little confusing to to work out how to read but when I stopped just trying to blunder through the process like a bull in a china shop and read instructions was very easy to order and find my library to read the free mag.

Had a quick look, some good articles, and some I am not really bothered about but plenty I am and so will have another look later.

Thanks Lucie for providing a free issue to sample.

Will86 - 2017-12-14 6:52 PM

I've tried again and I have to give my email to Pocket Mags and I refuse to do that as I have no idea who they are.

Just a point for anyone who is concerned about email privacy etc.

Open up a new, free, Outlook online account (what used to be a 'hotmail' account), or other online email service provide (yahoo, gmail, etc etc).

do NOT give this email address to your friends.

DO use this email address for all online subscriptions, purchases, or any time you think you're not sure about it.

This way you can have your regular email account for personal stuff, and a free, non-important email address for anything else.

By using an online service like Outlook or Gmail you ALSO get VERY strong anti-spam protection, as these online services like spam even less than you do.

Obviously please still observe all the usual caveats about emails from people you don't know :

Do not click links in unsolicited emails (unless you know they are from a trusted sender).

Do not forward emails from untrusted senders

Do not give your email address to anyone you're definitely not sure of

Do not give out passwords etc etc yadda yadda.

Good luck. :)

rogher - 2017-12-15 10:27 AM

It strikes me that, if you need special software to be able to read something, sooner or later there will be an incompatibility that prevents you from reading older versions. You could also be held to ransom to pay for new software, to be able to continue to be able to read it and "take advantage of new features".

You will never have your own copy so will need internet access to be able to read them.

If this was a copy of Cervantes I would be equally worried - but it's not, it's a magazine that you'll read once.

It would bother me less if Cervantes :-)

I’d hope that some articles might be worth referring to again in the future and, if you don’t have access to a copy, you’re stuffed. It has been my experience to be forced to pay to upgrade software because an older platform was no longer supported. I’ve also found that historical material has been removed from archives or I’ve lost entitlement to return to it. An advantage of digital material is that you can carry it around for reference without concern for payload. You could carry a library in your pocket, let alone a single book, if you needed to.

I prefer simple text articles, rather than ‘feature-rich’ material. Simple formats tend to remain accessible for longer and are easier to read, whereas the fancy stuff tends to have no obvious start, direction of flow, or end. Of course, if the content is of little value, it won’t matter if it self-destructs or is read once only. But, then, I’m not sure why I’d buy it in the first place.

Long time ago, for many years I subscribed to paper MMM and we kept all the copies neatly stacked in nice date order just in case we ever wanted to refer back.

Part of the problem was knowing you had seen an article but never knowing quite how long ago it was and so we never did ever refer back so I gave them all away several years ago and never once missed them.

Do the digital copies come with a long term index that is regularly updated?

Archived