Fuel in luxemburg

trickydicky

Hi there.

There are large fuel stations on all of the motorways as you enter or leave Luxembourg. I have found in the past that these can get rather busy around rush hour particularly routes into Germany. I imagine that those at the exits into France will be pretty busy also during the present French fuel shortages due to industrial action.

There are many fuel stations to be found just off the motorways in Luxembourg and I reproduce here some info that I previously copied off the internet and saved:

"If you want to avoid the very busy stations on the highway in Luxembourg (waiting times of three quarters are common in the holiday season!), take the exit ‘Luxembourg Centre’ on the E25 (no 4), follow this route (N6, route d'Arlon) a few hundred meters towards the city and you will find a cheap gas station (Lukoil). A little bit further there are Total, Esso and Shell stations. An alternative is to take the exit Bettembourg (no 2) on the E25 after the city of Luxemburg in the direction of France; at 2 km from the exit, there are two major stations, just before the town of Bettembourg (Aral, Route de Luxembourg 69, Bettembourg, and Q8, Route de Luxembourg 150, Bettembourg). At these stations, you can also buy cheap tobacco and liquor."

I am travelling this way myself next week and checked these other filling stations on Google Earth for motorhome access suitability and the information would appear to be as current as I am able to establish at this time. They are all very close to the motorway.

Hope this helps. I imagine the stations on the western approach will be of most use to you if you are going towards Trier as I have seen long queues at stations exiting in that direction.

Nobby

Hi

If you take the road to Luxembourg through Bastonge you will find a large fuel station either side of the road less than a mile through the border. I always get from Birmingham to Luxembourg on one tank of fuel, 430 miles. These garages also sell cheap booze!

Enjoy

Bob

Hi

Also heading for croatia next week. Did u use go-box for Austria or r u under 3.5?

Any good sites to recommend? Thinking salzburg bled zadar then south on coast road....

Any advice would b great!

Thanks

Archived