Get the ACSI card before travelling

webby1

Many of us are lucky enough to be planning to go to Europe soon and are worrying about how to get the ACSI discount card/books for 2017.

I have suggested to ACSI an online membership scheme for campsites to check if you were a member for that particular year.............. but they replied that it would be too complex and costly. Then I had a GREAT IDEA

Why can't they make the 2017 discount card available NOW without waiting for the books to be printed................ I would pay the full price just for the card. Then each year it could be available for the following year ............well anytime really, why tie it to the books.

Those who want books as well could take out an additional subscription. But I am happy to search for sites online and think fresh books every year is unnecessary and environmentally unsound.

If you agree PLEASE e mail their customer services, as there is a bit of momentum at the moment and the more people who ask the more likely it is to happen.

That's good to know John........................but I want to buy my ACSI card for 2017 before going away.

I am willing to pay full price just for the card and manage with the 2016 books and searching on line.

Why they are missing this profitable opportunity I don't know............................let's all keep asking.

Wirralian - 2016-10-03 2:25 PM

I have just had it confirmed by email from Viscarious Books that they still despatch ACSI cards and guides books addressed to campsites abroad. But they will not issue replacements or refund if not received.

John L (lol)

Is that all the ACSI card sites or only selected ones ...maybe ask for the list of sites and dealers they despatch them to and you could collect one as you travel.

A couple of Motorhome dealers near me here in Spain have them in stock when printed ie Sangar and Cruz Caravanas not always in English ..but thats not a problem as they are all the same format.

On line is a great idea, I suppose cloning the card would be an issue ...as for sending the card only as you know the card is part of the first page of the book so a total redesign would be needed I guess.

Brian K

Now Brian that sounds like the kind of reply that the numpties in ACSI would make.

Cloning of their cards is always a problem.................they easily produced the ID card,which is a bit of a non starter as most sites always like to see a passport (especially with security issues)

I don't want the flimsy piece of paper inside their books............in fact I don't want the books (additional subscription available for those who do)

I want to buy a card that entitles me to ACSI discount for 2017.............it might have my name printed on it and must be shown with my passport to prevent cloning.

And ideally before we leave Europe and all the additional complications that will bring.

webby1 - 2016-10-03 5:39 PM

Cloning of their cards is always a problem.................they easily produced the ID card,which is a bit of a non starter as most sites always like to see a passport (especially with security issues)

I don't want the flimsy piece of paper inside their books............in fact I don't want the books (additional subscription available for those who do)

I want to buy a card that entitles me to ACSI discount for 2017.............it might have my name printed on it and must be shown with my passport to prevent cloning.

And ideally before we leave Europe and all the additional complications that will bring.

We have used the ACSI discount cards for years now and saved humongous amounts of Euros. But surely the payment is in effect for the book, as well as the card - and I have to say not once have I ever been requested to show passport or other ID.

We also have bought each year the ACSI ID card, which saves buying the Caravan Club carnet which I think actually costs more anyway.

I guess as we rarely would go to the Continent before March, we have no issue with the date it becomes available......surely it wiuld be possibly for you to have them sent to home or perhaps a family address in Uk and then get it forwaded to wherever you are likely to be for a few days to get deilivery there?

webby1 - 2016-10-03 5:39 PM

We have used the ACSI discount cards for years now and saved humongous amounts of Euros. But surely the payment is in effect for the book, as well as the card - and I have to say not once have I ever been requested to show passport or other ID.

We also have bought each year the ACSI ID card, which saves buying the Caravan Club carnet which I think actually costs more anyway.

I guess as we rarely would go to the Continent before March, we have no issue with the date it becomes available......surely it wiuld be possibly for you to have them sent to home or perhaps a family address in Uk and then get it forwaded to wherever you are likely to be for a few days to get deilivery there?

webby1 - 2016-10-03 6:39 PM

Now Brian that sounds like the kind of reply that the numpties in ACSI would make..

I know you are a little upset with the ACSI people ..but you really need to get a grip of yourself.

Brian K

Brian sorry NOI (no offence intended)

Just meant the last bit about ..............."that would mean a complete redesign of the book"

ACSI seem to be so intransigent in their thinking

Many of us are willing to pay the full price for the card without the books if available throughout the year...........many businesses would see that as a profitable opportunity.

Archived