Grey paint

baden87

As some of the paint is flaking, I'm guessing the rest may have faded over the years. It may be better to find a vehicle paint shop, who can match to the current colour.

They should also be able to determine the nearest RAL colour number, if you want to restore to the original colour.

The Seitz S4 windows fitted to my motorhome have grey ‘frames’ (as shown in attached example photo) but the grey paint/coating used on the frames was applied when the windows were manufactured, not by Rapido. It will almost certainly be the case (as baden87 has guessed above) that Seitz windows are provided to motorhome/caravan builders with their frames pre-coloured.

I’m very doubtful that it would be practicable to obtain a RAL Number from Seitz and (as flicka has said) after 9 years a Seitz window’s original grey will probably have changed colour. A vehicle accident repair centre should be able to provide closely matching paint.

seitz_s4.jpg.88e5fdf89b45496b4dcbc4d4cf25cc0f.jpg

Many bodyshops (paint not human!) have electronic paint matching and mixing facilities and even if they don't paint the window frames for you which I guess would be verry time consuming, aka expensive, they may well be able to match, mix and sell you the paint.

The right primer will help with paint adhesion.

Chips Away or similar come to mind?

baden87 - 2017-08-07 2:24 PM

I only need a very small amount ,where some paint has flaked off where the catches operate

You could peel a bit off and have a look around Halfords or any other motor bits shops for a matching spray or touch up.

You can spray some paint into a small container - the aerosol cover is ideal - and brush paint where needed but you will probably need a solvent to clean the brush unless you use cheap small childrens or artiist type brushes and chuck 'em after use which is probably cheaper than buying thinners!

Archived