Gtech vacuum.

Den

I've noticed they now advertise in the Caravan & Motorhome magazine.

Buyer beware. !!!!

Most MH's have loose carpets with bound edges. This vacuum snags the binding and made a mess of mine.

The vacuum isn't faulty and Gtech say you should check with the carpet manufacturer before use !!!

I asked the question, Have you tested this product in a MH.

No answer. I was trying to be helpful. They are a local company to us and wanted to sort the problem before posting on here.

I have to say they are a complete waste of time.

If you were to read the emails I've received. Talk about ducking and diving.

On top of that, it doesn't suck to good.

Spend more and buy quality or less and still get the same or better results.

Den.

I am also local Den, I use the handheld on my bound carpets in the M/H and it works well. It is not the most powerful suck but adequate.

If you were referring to the upright vac with a revolving brush then yes, you have to be careful not to get stuff tangled in the brush, but the upright is a bit bulky for a M/H ??

H

And don't ever suck the end of a shoe lace up an Air Ram!

The instructions say if the brush gets 'blocked' the motor will switch off and all the lights will flash red.

Well guess what, first time out of the box, caught the end of a shoe lace, big 'CRUNCH', motor carried on running and no flashing lights.

Diagnosis - gears stripped and no drive or suck.

What a waste of time and money, luckily as it was the day we brought it we got our money back in full from store.

My warning - do not buy anything Gtech, it looks and feels like cheap cr@p! The quality of the mouldings was absolutely dire.

Keith.

Keithl - 2017-03-14 6:54 PM

My warning - do not buy anything Gtech, it looks and feels like cheap cr@p! The quality of the mouldings was absolutely dire.

That sounds about right. It doesn't take much to figure though.....when a cleaner only weighs in at 3.5kg you have to question at what cost that's come at and it's certainly not by using Kevlar construction!

Dyson are better but anyone wanting the ultimate machine which will last a lifetime won't go wrong with a Kirby. Used Heritage "red bag" models can be picked up for around £50-100 and are damn good machines. I've owned one for 23 years. The only 'negative' is the weight, mainly due to the large motor used. But they are quality built and will go on forever.

Bulletguy - 2017-03-14 9:28 PM

Keithl - 2017-03-14 6:54 PM

That sounds about right. It doesn't take much to figure though.....when a cleaner only weighs in at 3.5kg you have to question at what cost that's come at and it's certainly not by using Kevlar construction!

Dyson are better but anyone wanting the ultimate machine which will last a lifetime won't go wrong with a Kirby. Used Heritage "red bag" models can be picked up for around £50-100 and are damn good machines. I've owned one for 23 years. The only 'negative' is the weight, mainly due to the large motor used. But they are quality built and will go on forever.

will bare a Kirby in mind next time. I purchased a hand held cordless Dyson on Curry's on line shop through EBay at about £125. I wanted it to suck up or vacuum the Motorhome floor, carpets, seats etc and that what it does better than anything I have had before from B&D, Bosch or anyone else. It takes under 3 hours to charge via a 300w PSW inverter via the sun and that's enough to clean my Motorhome. I've had the tool nearly 5 months and so far so good. It was recommended to me by a friend who let me use theirs so I didn't buy it because of the name or colour or any other irrelevant reason

• 3 years later...

I remember someone I worked with who had a Kirby salesman come round to demonstrate the device. Couldn't get him to leave! Did say though that the machine was a real beast.

Rather fond of our cordless Henry. Works well, gives us over an hour of cleaning with the two batteries, doesn't need constant emptying, and has bags so you don't get covered in a plume of dust when you do empty it. Oh. and it's made in Somerset.

Peter

I can see by my original post in 2017 !! I wasn’t to happy with the Gtech.

But once we sold the Chauson Mh which had very loosely bound carpets I’ve changed my mind.

I now have 2 !!!

One in our Malibu and one in my luxury 8 seater ( work vehicle )

It makes a great job on both vehicles and the carpets have not been damaged.

I would give them 10/10 if they supplied them with a 12 volt charger.

I have mentioned this at the Gtech shop and they were going to pass the info onto Nick Grey

Den

Hi Keith

A bit strange it should be fragged from the dark ages.

Why would they do that and what do they get out of it.

I’ll delete the thread in a few mins.

Don’t want spammers messing with the Forum.

Den - 2020-05-22 10:18 AM

I can see by my original post in 2017 !! I wasn’t to happy with the Gtech.

But once we sold the Chauson Mh which had very loosely bound carpets I’ve changed my mind.

I now have 2 !!!

One in our Malibu and one in my luxury 8 seater ( work vehicle )

It makes a great job on both vehicles and the carpets have not been damaged.

I would give them 10/10 if they supplied them with a 12 volt charger.

I have mentioned this at the Gtech shop and they were going to pass the info onto Nick Grey

Den

And I must confess I have to agree with you Den.

We recently bought a new G-Tech AR29 and find it brilliant. WAY better than the original we tried three years ago. There really is no comparison between the two.

Keith.

Keithl - 2020-05-22 10:23 AM

We recently bought a new G-Tech AR29 and find it brilliant. WAY better than the original we tried three years ago. There really is no comparison between the two.

Keith.

I spoke too soon!!!

The G-Tech AR29 has now expired! It lasted a few days over two months.

The internal plastic components have exploded and the machine now screeches loudly and will not suck.

It is going back for a refund and I vow never to give G-Tech products another chance.

Keith.

Keithl - 2020-05-27 2:58 PM

Keithl - 2020-05-22 10:23 AM

Keith.

I spoke too soon!!!

The G-Tech AR29 has now expired! It lasted a few days over two months.

The internal plastic components have exploded and the machine now screeches loudly and will not suck.

It is going back for a refund and I vow never to give G-Tech products another chance.

Keith.

Go for a used Kirby as i posted three years back. And yes i still have it and it's still in full working order.....now 26 years old! No current day hoovers are comparable. I've also got a Dyson which is no match for the Kirby. No plastic internal parts at all....all the important parts are metal. The only downside to them is weight due to the big motor but the weight also helps give better cleaning. They're pretty much a semi-industrial cleaner built to last. Belts and bags are easily available.

There is one up for grabs at just £75 on ebay in good nick. A snip as that particular model retailed at £650 with all the accessories.

Bulletguy - 2020-05-27 10:28 PM

Go for a used Kirby as i posted three years back;

There is one up for grabs at just £75 on ebay in good nick. A snip as that particular model retailed at £650 with all the accessories.

How long do the batteries last in it?

I assume at 26 years old it must have a pretty big lead acid battery to power it? :D :D :D

The main requirement we have for this vacuum is it must be cordless!

Keith.

Archived