Health Insurance for Difficult Conditions

starvin marvin

Not sure if this company has ever been mentioned on here before, it's for folks with complex health issues, such as cancer.

It's www.insurancewith.com

I came across this in a newsletter posting with a recommendation from the secretary of the group. I've not used it myself, and hope I don't need to! but it may be of some interest/use to some of you.

Good link thank you.

We currently use travel insurance provided through https://www.nfop.org.uk/join-us/

It costs £30.60 joint membership for a year to join NFOP. That gives you access to Worldwide Travel Insurance the cost for a couple being £255 from memory. I have two unrelated cancers. I have no tedious medical declaration. I must simply be 'fit to travel' and have not been given a terminal prognosis. (Fit to travel in my case simply means asking my doctor/consultant 'am I fit to travel'). See here www.nfoptravelinsurance.org.uk

I had a look at both and the nfop travel insurance and nfop club membership seems to be the most hassle free to set up and seems to cover all existing conditions without medical disclosure as long as your conditions are not terminal and a doctor deems you fit to travel.

Whether or not we would ever use the other benefits of membership is questionable but as membership is a condition of insurance there is no choice.

At a total of £285.60 ( £255 plus £30.60 joint membership) it seems a fair price to pay for two people for the cover listed for a year of multi travel even though we would never need some of the items covered.

However as you pay for the year ending 28th February without any pro rata reduced rates for joining now it would make sense to join from 1st March 2018, unless one needs cover now!

My only other proviso is that when anything seems too simple and too reasonable to be true it very often isn't true so if anyone has experience of a claim with nfop that would help to ease our cynicism.

Tracker - 2017-10-16 1

My only other proviso is that when anything seems too simple and too reasonable to be true it very often isn't true so if anyone has experience of a claim with nfop that would help to ease our cynicism.

Have to agree with you Richard

Is there any age limit? This is not mentioned. i honestly can.t believe that an insurance company would cover any conditions , which could be life threatening.

The only real test, is if you make a claim, then it could be to late

PJay

Not really much of a restriction, as the age criteria is to JOIN once you have joined then it is indefinite as long as you pay your premium.

The NFOP is a 'work around' for the CSIS ( Civil Service Insurance Society) to be able to offer their services to people other than eligible civil service employees and pensioners that they would otherwise be prohibited from doing.

Not had to claim myself but a friend, who put me on to this, has claimed under the Civil service section and found it unbeatable, his words.

Bas

Basil - 2017-10-17 4:18 PM

Not really much of a restriction, as the age criteria is to JOIN once you have joined then it is indefinite as long as you pay your premium.

The NFOP is a 'work around' for the CSIS ( Civil Service Insurance Society) to be able to offer their services to people other than eligible civil service employees and pensioners that they would otherwise be prohibited from doing.

Not had to claim myself but a friend, who put me on to this, has claimed under the Civil service section and found it unbeatable, his words.

Bas

We are too old to participate , which I do understand iin a way.

It is best to get an insurance company and stick with it , once you reach at least 75, I would say. Fortunately my Nationwide cover is for as long as I bank with them. We do have to pay a bit more being over 70, but at £200.oo ish, for 8 weeks cover at a time Europe only (don't expect to travel out side anyway,) now . I think not bad

PJay

Archived