How much gas does each appliance use?

AndyLou

Hi

I have detailed specs for the electricity usage for all my appliances that use electric but none for the gas appliances.

Does anybody know what the usage litres per hour gas appliances use?

e.g. If I cook a casserole for 1.5 hours at gas mark 6 how much gas will that have used?

I am sure that somebody must have done some analysis on this?

If electricity costs 0,50 €/kWh =am I better to heat the MH with gas or electric?

Thanks

Andy

Andy&Lou - 2017-05-22 3:44 PMHiI have detailed specs for the electricity usage for all my appliances that use electric but none for the gas appliances.Does anybody know what the usage litres per hour gas appliances use?e.g. If I cook a casserole for 1.5 hours at gas mark 6 how much gas will that have used?I am sure that somebody must have done some analysis on this?If electricity costs 0,50 €/kWh =am I better to heat the MH with gas or electric?ThanksAndy
Gas or electric consumption will vary enormously with ambient conditions and since you will only use electricity when you have paid affixed fee per day for an EHU, the sensible course is always going to be to switch on the electric anyway if it's available and use gas when necessary because gas is the only option for that device or, in the case of heating, to boost the power or shorten the warm up time. 
Gas consumption for cooking is not very high, so consumption and cost are not a major consideration; it's really only heating and using gas to run an LPG generator which will gobble substantial gas quantities. I don't use our MH a lot in winter but this May we used heating quite a bit and an 11kg bottle lasted at least four weeks, including cooking. We used LPG to run our 2kw generator at Peterborough and donated power to two other camping units and we used almost a full bottle for less than 20 hours running!

Archived