Hymer 522 waste tank

hallii

The meter gauge suddenly starting reading full all the time. I have flushed it with cold water but no difference.

Does anyone know what the problem is likely to be? I suspect grease etc on the sensor(s) but I don't know what sort of sensors they are.

How do I gain access to clean the tank? (Not that I WANT to do this 8-) )

H

It’s quite possible that the fault is due to the sensors fitted to the waste-water tank being contaminated.

You might find that your Hymer’s waste tank has a large screw-in inspection ‘hatch’ (example in this advert)

http://www.olearymotorhomes.co.uk/universal-motorhome-camper-waste-fresh-tank-inspection-lid-cap-hatch--screw-in-3330-p.asp

in its side or base (My Rapido’s waste tank has such a hatch) through which you could either reach the sensors to manually clean them or blast them with water using a hose-pipe or pressure washer.

You might also be able to remove the sensor(s) from outside the tank.

If neither of the above options is practicable, I suggest you pour a couple of litres of strong bleach into the tank (say via the kitchen sink’s outlet) then fill the tank with water, then leave the bleach/water solution to ‘soak’ for a couple of days before emptying the tank into a suitable drain. If you are lucky - and the fault is just due to muck on the sensors - that approach might clean them and cure the fault.

I poured 1/2 a bottle of biological washing liquid down the plug hole and followed with lots of water, I left it overnight after a good drive round and it seems to have done the trick :-D

this is another routine procedure to add to my growing list, it might help get rid of the smells as well.

H

Archived