ID on continental sites ?

malc d

Over the many years that we have been camping on the continent I've always carried a Camping Carnet , and in more recent years, an ACSI card - which have almost always been accepted and often retained at the camp reception during our stay.

( I had to buy a different one for Scandinavia ).

If you don't have either of those, is there anything else that people have used ?

A friend who considering taking up our pastime was asking about documentation in general and it occurred to me that maybe others may not use a Carnet or ACSI card.

I was once asked to leave my passport with an office in Croatia, but when I declined to let them have it they just took a photo copy.

I suppose you could always carry a supply of passport copies with you.

;-)

ACSI do issue camping cards (CCI) about £5.00 i believe These can be left instead of Passport. We have also had our Passports copied at some sites. Would Never leave with them!

The Caravan club also used to issue these cards, not sure if theyu do now, as not a member.

PJay

PJay - 2017-03-24 3:20 PM

The Caravan club also used to issue these cards, not sure if theyu do now, as not a member.

The Caravan and Motorhome Club still issues a card, but now it's called the Camping Key Europe (used to be the Camping Card International) and it lasts for 12 months. The cost to us last year was circa £5.

malc d - 2017-03-24 11:03 AM

Over the many years that we have been camping on the continent I've always carried a Camping Carnet , and in more recent years, an ACSI card - which have almost always been accepted and often retained at the camp reception during our stay.

( I had to buy a different one for Scandinavia ).

If you don't have either of those, is there anything else that people have used ?

A friend who considering taking up our pastime was asking about documentation in general and it occurred to me that maybe others may not use a Carnet or ACSI card.

I was once asked to leave my passport with an office in Croatia, but when I declined to let them have it they just took a photo copy.

I suppose you could always carry a supply of passport copies with you.

;-)

Some owners clubs issue CCI's. I get mine from Hymer Club International for £3 + postage. If we're only staying one or two nights to use the facilities I pay up front. Simples.

The Camping & Caravanning Club issue the CCI (Camping Card International) for £5.50.

It's not valid in USA, Canada and some Scandinavian countries, mainly Sweden.

You can only purchase the CCI if you're a member of a club. Third party liability insurance is included whilst on the campsite.

Some campsites will offer a discount when the card is presented.

Archived