Incorrect V5C

PeterM

The MOT tester noticed the V5C registration document for my Peugeot based Autocruise Rythm was incorrect. In section 'D.3 Model' is printed "605 SRI AUTO" which I believe is a car !

Phoned DVLA who asked me to write in, enclosing a piccy of the van plus details of what should be printed in that section ..... and therein lies the problem, i don't know.

If any kind forum member has a Peugeot Boxer based Autocruise Rythm, would check his V5C and let me know I'd be very grateful.

Thanks in anticipation

Peter M

PS All other info on the V5C is correct so I can only assume it was a typing error when orig. registered.

We have had almost a year of incorrect info on our V5C. incorrect chassis number, no engine number, weight 3500, engine 3900cc (Fiat Ducato), I could go on, it's an absolute shambles and I don't know what would happen in the case of an insurance claim. Check them carefully.

PeterM - 2016-06-23 3:54 PM

The MOT tester noticed the V5C registration document for my Peugeot based Autocruise Rythm was incorrect. In section 'D.3 Model' is printed "605 SRI AUTO" which I believe is a car !

Phoned DVLA who asked me to write in, enclosing a piccy of the van plus details of what should be printed in that section ..... and therein lies the problem, i don't know.

If any kind forum member has a Peugeot Boxer based Autocruise Rythm, would check his V5C and let me know I'd be very grateful.

Thanks in anticipation

Peter M

PS All other info on the V5C is correct so I can only assume it was a typing error when orig. registered.

Although the data that appear on a V5C document can sometimes only be described as mysterious, there are no hard and fast rules as to what should be considered 100% ‘correct’ regarding your Autocruise Rhythm motorhome.

A DVLA guide to filling in form V55/4 can be found here

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/516933/V355X4.pdf

but motorhome dealerships may choose not to follow the guidance exactly.

Plainly the “605 SRI AUTO” information in field “D.3 Model” of your Rhythm’s V5C Is wrong. This may be because that information was provided wrongly by the vendor when the motorhome was first registered, or it might be due to a peculiar DVLA screw-up.

The data that I suggest your motorhome’s V5C should carry are:

- in Field D.1 Make ---- AUTOCRUISE

- in Field D.3 Model ---- RHYTHM

- in Field D.5 Body type ---- MOTOR CARAVAN

- in Field [X] Taxation class ---- PRIVATE/LIGHT GOODS (PLG)

As an example of the type of data variation that can occur on a motorhome’s V5C, my Fiat Ducato-based Rapido 640’s V5C has “RAPIDO S6/DUCATO” in the D.1 Make field and the D.3 Model field is blank. If I had been providing the data to the DVLA I would have defined my motorhome's make as “RAPIDO” and the model as “640”, which would have described the vehicle more accurately. However, what’s on my motorhome’s V5C is otherwise OK so I’m not bothered.

V5C minor inaccuracies (eg. spelling mistakes) should have no adverse effect insurance-wise, though bigger errors (eg. the vehicle’s colour is shown as, say, blue when it should be white, or the make is completely wrong) might prove to be a nuisance at a later stage. Obviously there is the potential for problems if the motorhome is registered in the wrong taxation class (eg. it has been registered as PLG when it should be PHGV, or vice versa) which might have driving-licence and insurance legal implications if the mistake is not corrected.

It’s the vehicle owner’s responsibility to confirm that the information on the V5C is accurate (or accurate enough!) so - as yoko8pups says - it pays to check the document carefully.

(My advice would be to always contact the DVLA by email rather than by phone.)

Mike88

The majority of reasonably recent motorhomes will have ECWVTA (European Community Whole Vehicle Type Approval) where the motorhome converter confirms that the vehicle conforms to the appropriate regulations of EU member states.

This confirmation is provided by the converter issuing a Certificate of Conformity (CoC) and (as will be apparent from the link I gave above) a good deal of the information demanded by the DVLA when a motorhome is first UK-registered is taken from the CoC. You haven’t said what was initially wrong with your Swift Mondial’s V5C, but as the fault lay with Swift I assume it involved incorrect information on the CoC.

It’s highly unlikely that Peter M’s problem has resulted from his Autocruise Rhythm’s CoC describing the motorhome as a “605 SRI AUTO”, so there should be no need to involve the Swift factory or even attempt to establish whether or not there is some sort of ‘standard’ way in which an Autocruise Rhythm should be referred to on a V5C document.

If Peter does as the DVLA has requested, providing a picture of his motorhome and the details that I suggested in my posting, that should resolve the problem.

Thank you all for your most helpful comments ....... I thinh I'm close to resolving the issue, subject to DVLA getting it correct and I understand ther track record is not that great. Will inform of the result.

Many thanks Peter M

Archived