Kampa Motor Rally Pro Air Awnings

seadog

We have one which is a different brand but they all seem to work on the same principle. Ours takes no longer than twenty minutes max tops to put up, including pegging down, about the same time to take down. I wouldn't go back to an awning with poles now.

We have this awning and it is very good. The only issue is that you need to feed the bead into your wind out awning with it closed. If you wind it out, before feeding the awning bead in, it is too heavy to allow the wind out awning to retract fully into its housing. I have step ladders to allow me to do this. If you look on YouTube they always start the video with the awning already loaded into the awning slot!!

monique.hubrechts@gm - 2017-04-19 4:36 PM

Make a fixed beading rail in one piece lenght to the side wall screwed in to the fixed part of the awning. Like caravans have. You can have two dias whit kampa.

I did something similar on a previous van, as I didn't like the idea of my awning(or tarp, if that's what was using) tensioning/pulling against the *opening section of the wind-out awning.

(* the latches of which are only really designed to hold it closed).

1402687802_Awningrail.jpg.2a43f3f81838b421875a50d8d944df2f.jpg

I have a Kamper Rally Pro inflatable awning and have found it to be very good when used with our motorhome. It is very stable and robust in windy weather. Ours survived a coastal storm without any damage. Although we have a wind-out sun canopy I had an awning rail fitted to the side wall.

I am in my 70s and inflating with the supplied manual pump knackered me out. The dedicated electric pumps are expensive. I purchased a "Ryobi R18I-0 18V ONE+ Inflator" which uses the Ryobi interchangeable battery packs. I had two battery packs which came with my Ryobi drill - I also use this to screw/unscrew the ground pegs.

The Ryobi unit inflates the awning easily and quickly and can also be used for deflating. It can also be used for inflating car and bicycle tyres - but is not robust enough for use with commercial tyres.

Understood this correctly you have a Kampa brand tent erected by air. And that it is beaded as i has mentioned. And that tent needs a lot of ground pegging depending of the soil where you are standing. Pegging should be done by the right tool and pins fitness for purpose . By hand to feel the friction of the soil and not that funny electric driving pins. There is not a awning or tent to resist heavy wind loads Save your equipment.

We were looking at a Movelite T3 air Awning , rather than the Kampa. my dislike of the Kampa is that there is a dark end with no window. The T3 is and end fix, with Windows, left, right, and straight ahead.

The down side is that it is quite long so may not be suitable for smaller pitches unless erected side on, but you still have Windows. Thre are quite a few deals which include carpet, electric pump and storm pegs included at the recommended retail price.

Our old Movelite is about to go onto eBay , as a temporary measure I dug out our old Harrison steel frame and poly-canvas awning. I forgot how sturdy it is ! None of this flapping about in the recent winds, built like a brick loo, and weighs not much more than the air awnings,

Rgds

Archived