Key Code warning light

Hi I have just returned from Southern Spain and on the way home my Key code light came on, no other indications of anything wrong, I stopped and called out the RAC man, he came and checked it and said he could not find anything wrong with it, while this key code light is on the Engine wont start as I suspect it puts on the imobilizer, it comes on everytime when you turn the ignition key (this is normal), then goes off and you are able to start the engine, has anyone else experienced this, just thought I would ask before taking it to the Fiat dealer (it comes on everytime when I have been driving for about an hour and stays on till I switch off the engine)

The Vehicle is a Fiat Ducatto 2.8 tdi 2002 reg, although when i get parts I say 2001

fairweather camper

There’s a fair bit of on-line discussion about this problem

https://tinyurl.com/yb3v2nzb

For earlier Ducatos (manufactured uo to 2002?) the ‘fix’ generally suggested seems to involve disabling the vehicle’s immobiliser by modifying the fuel-pump’s wiring.

It would be worth you browsing through the on-line stuff, but you should do as Nick suggests and PM him with your vehicle’s chassis number so that he can provide expert advice.

Archived