LPG GAS. IH TIO RL

sandalwood

Gas in Motorhome shows 3 but no gas. Filled up with 16 litres gas. Says 4. Dealer says if it says 3 it has sufficient gas. But we had none! . Is it the computer display incorrect or what. Handbook does nit say how much gas tank holds, but internal display now we full says only 4. We don’t want to run out if gas in France. Puzzled. How much if tank full does it hold, when to fill, and how much does it use with heating. Any advice gratefully received. Also have shoulder problem, is there a device to help me put on and off handbrake?

Ian

Ian, I'm not sure if it could be the same issue but on the IH we had the tank had been installed at the wrong angle which means the indicator never showed the correct level. If you look on the side of the tank there markings which help to align it properly. If it is the 20litre tank then at the 80% cutoff it would hold 16 litres. The fault in ours was found and corrected by Autogas 2000 at Thirsk.

In regards to the handbrake there is an extended handle but I can't recall who made it or where to get it from. Try googling Fiat Ducato handbrake extender.

David

sandalwood - 2019-09-17 6:42 PM

...How much if tank full does it hold, when to fill, and how much does it use with heating. Any advice gratefully received. Also have shoulder problem, is there a device to help me put on and off handbrake?

Ian

Past forum comments suggest that the size of the standard LPG tank fitted to a 2012 IH Motorhomes “Tio” like yours would be 25 litres - but that might equate to 20 litres of LPG at an 80% fill-limit. You were able to put 16 litres of gas (roughly 8kg) into the tank, which would be approaching full if the tank has a 20 litres capacity and would be well over half full if the capacity is 25 litres. Either way, 16 liitres is a fair amount of gas given that the tank can be easily refilled.

More LPG will be used when gas-heating is operating than when it is not, but the quantity of LPG will depend on the time of year and the weather, how hot you want the motorhome’s interior to be, the make/model of heater and how long you have the heating on. I was recently in France for 10 days and used 5 litres of gas, but the weather was warm and much of the time we stayed at places where a 230V hook-up was available to power the fridge and - if it got a bit chilly - a fan heater. As has been advised when you’ve previously asked about obtaining LPG in France, you should have little difficulty doing this.

Two types of handbrake-lever extender are marketed that should be suitable for your Ducato. Both are referred to here

https://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en&q=ducato+handbrake+extender&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

and it would be worth you reading the comments on the various forums before choosing either type.

As I understand the post Ian has no gas although the display indicates there is gas available. Assuming there is gas in the tank/bottle, then either a valve is closed or the regulator has failed.

As regards gas in France many garages have LPG, (GPL in france), assuming you have the UK fill point you will need the dish or euro addapter,

https://www.gasit.co.uk/gas-it-3-part-european-fill-point-adapter-kit.html

Mike

Archived