Leak sink waste

Roddy

Hi, Ive a leak in the waste from the sink in my Autotrail Apache 700 up behind the Dometic fridge. Am i best to access this by removing the sink or the fridge, and if fridge how do i remove it. Thanks.

I believe you have a 2015 Apache 700...

If its kitchen is as shown in the attached photo, I’m not sure how access would be gained to the underside of the sink without extracting the fridge.

Obviously, if you could address the leak by removing the sink and not disturbing the fridge that would be preferable, but doing this seems unlikely to me. How do you know that the leak is due to a problem with the sink’s waste - or are you just assuming that? As Keith says, if the source of the leak could be identfied and cured without removing either sink or fridge, that would be ideal.

If the fridge does need to be extracted, it would be sensible to seek advice from an Auto-Trial dealership about this, as this task can be challenging.

(Presumably your motorhome is out of warranty?)

auto-trail-apache-700.6_l.jpg.659f10f9f7e48223becb696c9cd52de8.jpg

Depending on the run of your waste pipe, you could try opening the cupboard door next to the fridge and lift the floor of the cupboard which may give you some access. I would do it anyway because if any waste water has escaped, it may need drying out in the area around the waste pipe.

Thanks Guys. I know its the waste because without running the taps and pouring water down drain hole thats when it shows. Ill try removing vents first as that seems the simplest. thanks, Roddy

Archived