Leaky Talisman

SAS

Has anyone else had problems with the windows in their Talisman? Ours is a 2002 model and has gone back to the factory 3 times for leaks coming in through the windows. The first time half moons were cut out at the bottom of the `glass` panels, the second time they were made bigger, and the third time all new rubbers were fitted as the originals had `lost their memory`. However they are still letting in water. Yesterday we found wet on the floor behind the passenger seat where the small table and tool kit are stored and across the `corridor`, and I believe it to be ingress from the nearside picture window. This is now past a joke, and I believe that there is a manufacturing fault with these type of windows. I am awaiting a further response from Charles Trevelyn at the factory but I am VERY annoyed about this. I bought this van because of the monocoque body but find it leaks like a seive through the damn windows.

I had a year 2000 Talisman from new. I bought it as, like you, I thought that the monocoque construction guaranteed a watertight motorhome. Far from it. Whilst I had no real problems while under warranty, the last 2 or 3 years were a nightmare. The windows are the main problem, the seals dry out, and as we all know, trying to trace a leak which evidence themselves on the floor back to the source can be time consuming and expensive to rectify. I sold the 'van earlier this year and breathed a sigh of relief to leave it behind on the saleroom forecourt! I'll be interested to see what Autosleepers come up with.

I have a Talisman which I bought new in 1996, and I have had continual problems with leaks from both the two large side windows and the rear window. I know for certain that it is the windows, because I have removed all the interior trim and panels and I could then see where it eas leaking. On my 'van the initial problem was the plywood panels to which the window frame is attached, inside the glass fibre body, were not cut from one piece of plywood but cobbled together seemingly from odd bits. Since I had the frames taken out and re-sealed I have not had the same problem. However, I now have a different problem, as I had a new rear window fitted about 3 years ago, when the original "crazed" and at the same time I renewed the rubber seal on the offside large window. Since then I have had problems with rain getting in under these new seals - rather than between the frame and the body. This is due, I understand, to a supply of "dodgy" seals to Auto-Sleepers about 3 or 4 years ago, which they have acknowledged and are rectifying where it is brought to their attention.

Brian

This is a well documented subject on this body shell its a regular on most forums, in 1996 our friends Executive went back with this problem and they were told "the seal wasnt wide enough, we have now fixed it", In 2001 our Executive went back for same problem,ours was fixed and we were told "the seal wasnt wide enough, we have now fixed it",

Not so long ago we were talking to some people with a 2006 Talisman that had just come back from Willersey being told "the seal wasnt wide enough, we have now fixed it"

Guess the saga has ended now these vans are no longer available

Archived