Lowdhams

tazdog6007

Well it's been another three weeks since i phoned Lowdham's to ask when the handle/locks on my chausson630 are going to be replaced as agreed in Feb on the first hab. check.They promised to contact me with an update on the following Monday. NO call as expected from a company that sets itself a low standard of customer service and fails to achieve it. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED >:-)

tazdog6007 - 2018-05-18 3:21 PM

...They promised to contact me with an update on the following Monday...

If I had been in your position I would have contacted Lowdhams on Tuesday and asked about the ‘update’ that had not been provided.

The Lord helps those who help themselves and, if you’ve chosen not to be proactive in progressing this with Lowdhams during the last fortnight, you need to take at least some responsibility yourself for not knowing what’s going on.

It doesn’t matter how excellent a company’s reputation is, or how much pride the company says it takes in customer service, things do slip through the net and - despite good intentions - promises are sometimes not kept. However much this irritates, it’s nevertheless a fact of life and (I would have thought) something most people will be well aware of.

(Don’t you mean “...sets itself a HIGH standard of customer service...”?)

Do what I did , go to law , cost me a couple of quid but soon got the problem solved , as to the poster who thinks promises r there to be broken , NO , THEY ARE NOT , THEY R THERE TO BE IMPLICITLY KEPT .

Also well done to the OP for outing a firm with poor customer service, it should happen way more often , Bailey was the firm I took to law btw .

I empathise with you tazdog. I spent most of my working life in customer service on the opposite side to the customer and knew all the tricks to put off some customers. It’s a very difficult task to move intransigent customer services. Firms find it easier to ‘forget’ telephone conversations than ignore face to face conversations or written complaints. Emails are useful because you will have a record of when sent and to whom so they cannot easily argue they didn’t receive it. I tend to follow up phone calls with emails of what was agreed.

Derek is right about the onus on maintaining progress is with the complainant. It shouldn't be but that's my experience of the reality. Have you managed to get a copy of the approval to the warranty work and the order form for the new locks? Do you know exactly what you are trying to achieve eg just get the locks replaced, build a long-standing relationship with the dealer, warn others off using Lowdhams? The actions you take will determine what you achieve.

Make sure you follow any complaints procedure set out by Lowdhams. If you end up in Court, as suggested by Adiebt, it will help your case that you gave Lowdhams opportunity to deal with the matter in accordance with its procedures.

Criticising Lowdhams in public before the matter is resolved is not going to help you though although it will make you feel good for now! If there is a possibility of taking Lowdhams to Court, phrasing your posts to request advice would be the better option.

Whenever you give Lowdhams a timescale, get the name of the person you deal with and follow up the day after the date expired to ensure the action was done.

Sorry if I’m teaching you to suck eggs or coming over condescendingly. I’ve been down your road with my dealer in 2014. Since then, I’ve had a good relationship with them.

Good luck!

Brock - 2018-05-20 11:27 AM

I empathise with you tazdog. I spent most of my working life in customer service on the opposite side to the customer and knew all the tricks to put off some customers. It’s a very difficult task to move intransigent customer services. Firms find it easier to ‘forget’ telephone conversations than ignore face to face conversations or written complaints. Emails are useful because you will have a record of when sent and to whom so they cannot easily argue they didn’t receive it. I tend to follow up phone calls with emails of what was agreed.

Derek is right about the onus on maintaining progress is with the complainant. It shouldn't be but that's my experience of the reality. Have you managed to get a copy of the approval to the warranty work and the order form for the new locks? Do you know exactly what you are trying to achieve eg just get the locks replaced, build a long-standing relationship with the dealer, warn others off using Lowdhams? The actions you take will determine what you achieve.

Make sure you follow any complaints procedure set out by Lowdhams. If you end up in Court, as suggested by Adiebt, it will help your case that you gave Lowdhams opportunity to deal with the matter in accordance with its procedures.

Criticising Lowdhams in public before the matter is resolved is not going to help you though although it will make you feel good for now! If there is a possibility of taking Lowdhams to Court, phrasing your posts to request advice would be the better option.

Whenever you give Lowdhams a timescale, get the name of the person you deal with and follow up the day after the date expired to ensure the action was done.

Sorry if I’m teaching you to suck eggs or coming over condescendingly. I’ve been down your road with my dealer in 2014. Since then, I’ve had a good relationship with them.

Good luck!

It’s a strange old state of affairs where the wronged have to jump through the hoops whereas the wrongdoers can act with wild disregard and impunity !

My particular case got nowhere near court , they righted the wrong way before that was necessary , but without the threat of litigation I’d of got absolutely nowhere .

tazdog6007 - 2018-05-18 3:21 PMWell it's been another three weeks since i phoned Lowdham's to ask when the handle/locks on my chausson630 are going to be replaced as agreed in Feb on the first hab. check.They promised to contact me with an update on the following Monday. NO call as expected from a company that sets itself a low standard of customer service and fails to achieve it. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED >:-)

If I were you I'd go to the top man and explain your problem. You are unlikely to be fobbed off by underlings if you do. In my experience you will get pretty quick service then. Rather than put the details on here I have PM'd you with his email address.

The only thing I would say is explain your beef to him calmly and briefly. Give details of the contact you have had with them with dates etc. Give him a timescale of when you want an answer.

Archived