Machzone - Anyone know anything about them?

jrisch

Machzone - Anyone know anything about them?  

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I've just bought my first motorhome, a 1991 Machzone. needless to say, there's no documentation with it. It a Fiat Ducato 2.5 diesel. As a total novice I'm keen to find out more, both about the vehicle and motorhoming in general.

I know Machzone went out of business in the early 2000's. Does anyone know any more details about them and their products?

Regards, jrisch

jrish

There's a chunk of (useful, though seriously out of date) information on Machzone on

http://www.motorhome-dealers.co.uk/manufacturers.asp

There was a club for these motorhomes. If you GOOGLE-search using "Machzone Owners Club" as the search term, you'll retrieve several references to the club, but with various different contact details. Glenn's Leisure Vehicles may be able to confirm whether or not the club is still active.

MMM magazine published test-reports on the Machzone Florin (1990), Silver Mint (1992) and Sovereign (1995), all of which were Fiat-based. Reprints of those articles are still available.

Thanks, Derek, that was very helpful. I did as you suggested. It appears there is no longer an owners club going, but I managed to speak to a lovely lady who was the club secretary till it folded a couple of years. ago. She was very helpful in identifying the model and advised on where to get further information and, like arturus, pointed me in the direction of Glenn's Leisure Vehicles.

Thanks, all, for your help.

Archived