You are logged in as a guest. 
  Home Forums Home  Search our Forums Search our Forums    Log in to the Forums Log in to the Forums  register Register on the Forums  

Forums ->  Motorhomes -> Motorhome Matters
Format:  Go
Major Fiat/Peugeot/Citroen problems/ Reversing judder
AuthorMessage
userClive
Posted: 23 September 2008 4:50 PM
Subject: RE: Major Fiat/Peugeot/Citroen problems/ Reversing judder

Forum master

They don't make "T" shirts big enough for me!!

How about a couple of dozen A0 sized boards on poles listing all the brassed off Fiat owners. If we all stand around the Fiat stand with these it might have the required whatsit??

Edited by Clive 2008-09-23 4:50 PM
usermichele
Posted: 23 September 2008 4:56 PM

Actually that aint half a bad idea all the names listed on the board
userfred grant
Posted: 23 September 2008 6:59 PM

Treasured contributor

freds back from is escapades, but wheres andy me ansums. ope e aint bin jetted off to italy? us may ave to sell t-shirts to raise the ransom money.

f&a
usermike 202
Posted: 24 September 2008 1:35 PM

Treasured contributor

Good idea about the boards with names on, but how do you get the signs past security and how long will the organisers allow you to stand round the Fiat stand. I am sure Fiat will complain and say that protests were not part of their contract and payment for the stand.
However T-shirts are worn under coats which can be removed once inside and who is going to ask a lady to disrobe and remove the offending garment. After all T-shirts with logos are pretty normal casual wear.
A previous post suggested that the Mafia were involved with Fiat, havn't seen any posts from Andy lately, hope he hasn't been got at.
usercolin
Posted: 24 September 2008 2:14 PM

Legendary contributor

Clive at NEC?

(sandwich-board-man-ll40.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments sandwich-board-man-ll40.jpg (29KB - 601 downloads)
userfred grant
Posted: 25 September 2008 7:48 PM

Treasured contributor

were is u andy, all is forgiven my luvver.

panickinfred
userMel B
Posted: 25 September 2008 8:34 PM

The special one

You don't need pre-printed T-shirts especially as time is short. Go and buy a cheap T-shirt from a charity shop, Asda or wherever and a nice thick permanent marker pen. Then scrawl your 'message' on the T-shirt (make sure you put a newspaper inside first to stop the ink going through!) and it's done. Failing that, if any of you chaps are 'fit' (as in have a nice body) just get a non-permanent marker and get someone to write the message direct on to you, you can then do your version of the Chippendales ... just make sure you keep your pants on (unless of course you are really, really, 'fit'!!!!! ).

usermike 202
Posted: 26 September 2008 12:25 PM

Treasured contributor

The thread seems to have gone very quiet, with everyone waiting for the GREAT Fiat announcement. BUT Fiat, just like the well informed villain " NO COMMENT" is the reply to any questions asked.
So its well done to the poker players at Fiat, they used their stalling tactics to good effect and called our bluff. Too late for the T-shirts now.
Still maybee Elstree Studios could make a "Carry on Juddering" film. Not a joking matter but where does this situation go now.
userAndyStothert
Posted: 26 September 2008 12:42 PM

Lives on the forums

I've been waiting for Fiat to get back to me and we now have a very weak written assurance that a limited number of vehicles have a fault which they are investigating and that they will contact this limited number of motorhome owners who have this 'juddering' when the solution they are working on is available.
The bosses at Fiat UK now say that Fiat will honour it committments to the owners of these vehicles (the owners who have complained) and that the matter will be resolved.
I can't tell everything because much of it was 'off the record' but I'm now a lot happier about our own selfish prospects.
We are just going to have to wait until the new gearbox is thoroughly tested (presently happening - unlike the last one) and see what happens in January.
What this does leave, besides a very nasty taste in the mouth and a lot of wasted time and aggro pursuing it, is the sad fact that there will be some very expensive repair bills in the future for innocent folk who buy one of these vehicles which hasn't been modified with the new lower ratio reverse gear.
But until my van has been fixed I now intend to keep my head (mainly) down.

Edited by AndyStothert 2008-09-26 12:50 PM
userrossko
Posted: 26 September 2008 1:56 PM

Liking what I've found

Pleased to say as one of the early complainers that we have received a letter from Fiat this morning advising that we are one of a 'small number of owners' with a juddering problem that they are currently investigating. Once they have found a solution they will contact us again. They haven't said in so many words that it will be fixed but have definitely implied it thank goodness, so we too feel a bit happier.
Letter arrived on our return from the dealers to have a look at our Bolero habitation door which has become more & more difficult to operate. They advised we need a new door as the frame is defective. We are not alone with this problem either apparently!!
At least the sunn is shinig & a good weekend forecast for most
userItexuk
Posted: 26 September 2008 5:55 PM

Keeps coming back for more

But until my van has been fixed I now intend to keep my head (mainly) down.

After all your shouting and screaming, it looks like you are now looking after your own. Sounds like you have been bought off Andy and Fiat have won.
usermike 202
Posted: 26 September 2008 6:00 PM

Treasured contributor

I was told that Swift had a faulty batch of these Bolero doors, but that Swift did not have any means of identifying the vehicles fitted with the defective doors. So much for Swift quality control and traceability.
It is a case of waiting for the customer to find the fault. My Bolero door flew open on the move on several occasions, eventually I had to tie it shut in Spain and abandon my holiday. Could not lock it. So until you get it repaired just be aware that it could pop open and god forbid someone fall out or a passer by get hit.
usercolin
Posted: 26 September 2008 7:44 PM

Legendary contributor

mike 202 - 2008-09-26 6:00 PM

I was told that Swift had a faulty batch of these Bolero doors, but that Swift did not have any means of identifying the vehicles fitted with the defective doors. So much for Swift quality control and traceability.
It is a case of waiting for the customer to find the fault. My Bolero door flew open on the move on several occasions, eventually I had to tie it shut in Spain and abandon my holiday. Could not lock it. So until you get it repaired just be aware that it could pop open and god forbid someone fall out or a passer by get hit.

Have you contacted VOSA? as doors 'flying open' when on the move are a definate safety issue, they may then have to recall all possibly affected vans to check and if nessasary fix, of cause any responsable company who valued their reputation for quality would do this volantarly.
userAndyStothert
Posted: 26 September 2008 9:17 PM

Lives on the forums

Bought off by Fiat?

The whole point of the exercise, from the beginning, was to get Fiat to fix these vehicles. Look back to the very beginning.
They are now developing the means to do that. The mission wasn't to destroy Fiat but just to get them to look after us customers who have concerns about our individual vans. If they now say they will sort them out then to keep having a go will only serve to further destroy my personal life and with very little added effect on getting Fiat to sort it out.
It could be said that I'm whimping out a bit, and to some extent it could be true, but to be honest I feel that I have managed to raise public awareness of this damaging defect.
But for personal reasons (getting on with my work basically) I do need to put this on the back burner until we see whether Fiat do what they say they will do.
Sorry if that is seen as being 'bought off' but believe me, this is not the case, and I will still be having a dig where applicable.
usericdsun
Posted: 26 September 2008 9:45 PM

Pops in from time to time

Itexuk - 2008-09-26 5:55 PM

After all your shouting and screaming, it looks like you are now looking after your own. Sounds like you have been bought off Andy and Fiat have won.

A tad unfair given the effort that Andy and others have put in on this issue on a lot of peoples behalf, not all of it in the public domain, if you have this problem on your MH I'd be interested to see what your contribution has been in helping others get a solution hopefully.

The need for Fiat to get a fix was always the goal, at present they have responded with a small admission that they recognize the issue and are working on a fix, hopefully that will be imminent, so as we all have another life away from Fiat Judders it's time to wait a little longer and see what evolves.

Chris
userMelvin
Posted: 27 September 2008 8:19 AM

Has lots to offer

All of us belive Andy has work worked very hard on our behalf, with little or no help from the rest of us. We should be praising Andy and his collegues. not critising them.

Hopefully, Fiat will find a solution to this problem, and this should be the end of the matter.

userMotorhomeViews
Posted: 27 September 2008 10:21 AM

Liking what I've found

A big thank you should be extended Andy for all his effort on the reverse shudder. I personally would like to thank him and any else who has made positive moves towards getting the vehicles rectified under warranty.

Now I don't know if I lost the plot somewhere along the line, (senior moment) . In case any one has problems with the water ingress via the scuttle overflow, this is now an officially accepted defect and as such will be rectified by your main fiat dealer. Not sure about the motorhome suppliers as I take my Suntor direct to the main Fiat Iveco Truck dealers. The work involves a full days labour and several days at the dealers for the sealants to dry.

The dealers are aware of the reverse shudder, in my case very slight but still noticeble when reversing on to a slope as experienced by my wife ar Blackpool south last week, the fiat Garage says they can't do anything until Fiat authorise the work.

Here's a question, is it acceptable to report to the Fiat garage, or are you addressing the problem direct to Fiat Italy. In which case to whom do you speak?
well done Andy

On a positive note in my humble opinion, the Ducato 100 X250 is far superior to the competition, It offers a powerfull yet quiet excellent ride , road holding ability and so comfortable and easy to drive. It offers a comfortable environment for your Motorhoming travels both driver and passenger and excellent economy. Our average MPG is running at 36 mpg. trev eden
usercolinfrier
Posted: 27 September 2008 11:19 AM

A posting machine

Hi
I would like to add my personal thanks to Andy for all his efforts I am sure we would not have got this far without his hard work.
It it now up to individuals to take up ther case with Fiat and make sure they get on the list for gearbox clutch repairs/mods.
I have just returned fro GB while there I went with a friend who wants to buy a new motorhome to a dealer near West Wittering (no names).
I spoke to the sales man and said we were looking for a non juddering vehicle they said they did not understand what I meant after explaining they said they did remember 1 case they had encountered.The story then developed and clearly they were aware of the problem but said "We e mail all chassis numbers of vehicles sold to Fiat who check if the vehicle has the suspect gearbox" well beleive that if you will????
Thanks again Andy well done.
Colin Frier
usercolinfrier
Posted: 27 September 2008 11:19 AM

A posting machine

Hi
I would like to add my personal thanks to Andy for all his efforts I am sure we would not have got this far without his hard work.
It it now up to individuals to take up ther case with Fiat and make sure they get on the list for gearbox clutch repairs/mods.
I have just returned fro GB while there I went with a friend who wants to buy a new motorhome to a dealer near West Wittering (no names).
I spoke to the sales man and said we were looking for a non juddering vehicle they said they did not understand what I meant after explaining they said they did remember 1 case they had encountered.The story then developed and clearly they were aware of the problem but said "We e mail all chassis numbers of vehicles sold to Fiat who check if the vehicle has the suspect gearbox" well beleive that if you will????
Thanks again Andy well done.
Colin Frier
usermike 202
Posted: 27 September 2008 6:26 PM

Treasured contributor

Yes well done Andy for all of your efforts. Shame about the T-shirts they would allow us all to belong to an exclusive club.
Total Guy Thanks
Mike
usermike 202
Posted: 27 September 2008 6:26 PM

Treasured contributor

Yes well done Andy for all of your efforts. Shame about the T-shirts they would allow us all to belong to an exclusive club.
Total Guy Thanks
Mike
usermike 202
Posted: 27 September 2008 6:27 PM

Treasured contributor

Sorry guys excited finger on the button
usercatinou
Posted: 28 September 2008 11:01 PM

Treasured contributor

Thanks from us too Andy. Great work.
userAndyStothert
Posted: 29 September 2008 5:43 PM

Lives on the forums

This is getting embarassing - can you all please revert to the insulting and abusive behaviour that was dished out to me when all this started.
And it isn't necessarily all sorted yet either.
Meanwhile after getting a little bit of solace from Fiat I'm not sure it is enough to feel totally secure. A letter saying something like 'yes Mr Stothert, we acknowledge fully that your Fiat Ducato has a fault which requires fixing by us, and we will do it' would have been very welcome.
And the same for everyone else too, although they of course have easier names to spell, and thus should be even more easily forthcoming.
And that post about the Lake District - tell 'em not to go, it's too good for you lot.

Edited by AndyStothert 2008-09-29 5:45 PM
usercolin
Posted: 29 September 2008 6:07 PM

Legendary contributor

ok, bog off you
userrupert123
Posted: 29 September 2008 6:45 PM

Forum master

AndyStothert - 2008-09-29 5:43 PM

This is getting embarassing - can you all please revert to the insulting and abusive behaviour that was dished out to me when all this started.
Meanwhile after getting a little bit of solace from Fiat I'm not sure it is enough to feel totally secure. A letter saying something like 'yes Mr Stothert, we acknowledge fully that your Fiat Ducato has a fault which requires fixing by us, and we will do it' would have been very welcome.
And the same for everyone else too, although they of course have easier names to spell, and thus should be even more easily forthcoming.
And that post about the Lake District - tell 'em not to go, it's too good for you lot.

I tried to be insulting and abusive on several occasions Andy but could not get anyone else to agree, so gave up. Must do better so will have a think about it and try to come up with something. Pity about the 'T' shirts but that was never going to get off the ground was it.
userrupert123
Posted: 29 September 2008 6:45 PM

Forum master

I tried to be insulting and abusive on several occasions Andy but could not get anyone else to agree, so gave up. Must do better so will have a think about it and try to come up with something. Pity about the 'T' shirts but that was never going to get off the ground was it.
userrupert123
Posted: 29 September 2008 6:46 PM

Forum master

userrupert123
Posted: 29 September 2008 6:48 PM

Forum master

Oh dear seem to have pressed the submit button three times, sorry about that.
userfred grant
Posted: 29 September 2008 10:44 PM

Treasured contributor

i as pressed alices submit button ten times rupert my biddy, but it don seem to make much difference an i don seem to be gettin anywhere.

f
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)(Return to Homepage)

Any problems? Contact the administrator