Mattress Topper

Cambois

Many of us use them as well as things like Duvalays and most of us derive either some or a lot of benefit depending on the state of our backs and the quality and thickness of foam used.

Many are very happy with a cheap topper and some prefer to pay more for a softer ride!

I bought this inexpensive one from Amazon, wasn't expecting much for the price but it does make quite a difference. If you've got a Kontiki then I'm guessing the mattress is already a good quality one so you probably won't want to buy an expensive topper? We used ours on a Swift Bolero which had a lovely sprung mattress but was just a little too hard for us, this softened it up just right.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B000TFLIPC/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Wife bought a 1" thick one and has used it for over 7 years. Wasn't that much of an improvement on a bench seat/bed but with a proper mattress in a fixed bed in the van, she says it works well. To deal with the build up of condensation, and body heat, she often sleeps with a window open. Check whether it will be an added fire hazard.

Do a web search on problems with memory foam toppers to get an insight into the known problems that occur and how to overcome them. You can then consider these against the benefits you will accrue.

Bought ours from Memoryfoam Warehouse West Yorks, Made to measure & also bought with their Coolmax cover so it doesn't generate too much heat.

They are more appropriate for fixed beds as they can be bulky & heavy to store away each day.

flicka - 2016-05-29 8:33 PM

Bought ours from Memoryfoam Warehouse West Yorks, Made to measure & also bought with their Coolmax cover so it doesn't generate too much heat.

They are more appropriate for fixed beds as they can be bulky & heavy to store away each day.

Also bought a single from them

Have also since bought one on special offer from DunElm , have yet to try this out, but the memory foam one is fine , but as stated bulky to store. We store ours in the over cab, as we do not use this for sleeping now

IMO the only down side of these items is storage, if you do not have a fixed a bed.Get the thickest one if you want a soft bed.

PJay

Bought a King Size Gel Fusion topper from Dunelm Mill. Has the cooling beads in it as I hate the heat you get from standard memory foam. We use it on the bed made up from the cushions in our rear lounge of our Apache 700.

Wife has made a box sheet that fits it like a glove. After we have got up in the morning we just roll it up and use the two straps with velco ends that she also made We then put it up on the overhead bed at the front. (Too old to sleep up there at 65 with a couple of nightly Loo trips) Wife can also put it up there as it is not too heavy)

John Allen - 2016-05-30 9:38 PM

Bought a King Size Gel Fusion topper from Dunelm Mill. Has the cooling beads in it as I hate the heat you get from standard memory foam. We use it on the bed made up from the cushions in our rear lounge of our Apache 700.

Wife has made a box sheet that fits it like a glove. After we have got up in the morning we just roll it up and use the two straps with velco ends that she also made We then put it up on the overhead bed at the front. (Too old to sleep up there at 65 with a couple of nightly Loo trips) Wife can also put it up there as it is not too heavy)

You are not too old at 65 John. We can give you 15 years, so you are young at 65.!!

We do find the over cab good for storage, though I do have a problem reaching ours, so OH has to put the bedding up there i prefer to the over lays as flat as possible. Our over cab bed lifts up out of the way to give headroom in cab, so flat things are better uo above.

Have yet to try the new Dunelm purchase, but hope to go over within a week or so

PJay

PS Velcro a very useful thing in MH

Archived