Memory foam toppers

sandalwood

Bought one of these toppers from Go Outdoors for Motorhome , used for 4 weeks. First night in my own bed, woke up stiff as a board. Took 4 days before stiffness went. Has anyone experience of these things, or is it just change of beds? Seemed quite comfy on holiday. It’s not very thick, owing to storage. But can’t out up with dreadful stiffness. Wondered whether Duvulay might be better, OAP!

Tks

We use two single Duvulay toppers with fitted sheets in our van and find them to be very comfortable. I have used one on top of a bed at my Mums house to save her having to wash bedding after my short visit and I had no problems with comfort. I have no idea why your topper would be OK in your motor home but not in your bed at home. Maybe its affecting the way that your mattress at home sags when you lie on it. We had a thick topper on our bed at home for a while but got rid of it because it got too hot.

I think that there is no one case fits all, ,

The only thing that I add to the conversation is to ensure the memory foam is not a flat sheet but has ribs , or castellated ribs, to allow the body and mattress to vent when laid on.

Rgds

There's a big variation on the quality & density offered as Memory Foam mattresses & toppers.

"Memory Foam" only identifies that it will return to it's original state, not how much it will deform or compress in use.

We've got a transverse bed in ours with 2 mattresses which I could always feel making for any uncomfortable nights sleep. Bought a king size mattress topper from B&M for £50 and been fine ever since. Smells a bit at first but this soon goes.

Archived