Mercedes Mobilo

curdle

I just had my first 2 year service on a Mercedes Sprinter based Hymer. I was very surprised after discussion with the workshop, to discover that although my 2 year warranty has expired, I am nonetheless covered by the Mercedes Mobilo scheme that covers breakdowns, towing, and replacement vehicle or public transport repatriation expenses etc at Mercedes expense for up to 30 years. This was certainly never explained to me by the Hymer dealer when I ordered the vehicle. I am wondering if any forum members have ever had practical cause to use the scheme and if so, how it went?

Seems to be legit!

The only caveat is you have to have an annual service at a Mercedes dealership...

"As long as your van’s last service was carried out by an authorised Mercedes-Benz Dealer, you’re covered by MobiloVan and can call us any time."

*MobiloVan applies to vehicles purchased from an authorised Mercedes-Benz Dealer, originally destined for and first registered in the UK on or after 01.10.2012. To extend your coverage beyond the initial three years of warranty cover and up to a maximum of thirty years, have your vehicle serviced at one of our approved workshops and it will automatically be renewed until the next service is due. Terms and conditions apply."

https://www.mercedes-benz.co.uk/vans/en/Owners/MobiloVan

It seems to be the same as Ford offer, basically if you have an annual service you get a free years breakdown cover included in the service price.

Keith.

Keithl - 2020-09-28 12:34 AM

Seems to be legit!

The only caveat is you have to have an annual service at a Mercedes dealership...

It seems to be the same as Ford offer, basically if you have an annual service you get a free years breakdown cover included in the service price.

Keith.

Thanks Keith, but actually it is not an annual service. Currently my MH onboard computer reads "next service" as 34600 miles or two years, whichever comes sooner (hah, how many miles is anyone going to do since April 2020?). The vehicle is no longer provided with a service log book, all instructions are digital and likewise digitally recorded, which is why I knew nothing about this scheme. The workshop assured me this is all legit and seems an amazing perk for the dealer to "forget" to mention?

I still wonder how it has worked for Mercedes owners in practice?

curdle - 2020-09-27 8:09 PM

Thanks Keith, but actually it is not an annual service. Currently my MH onboard computer reads "next service" as 34600 miles or two years, whichever comes sooner...

Yep, I missed that one! My 2004 Sprinter requires an annual service due to low mileage (sub 6,000 pa) so forgot some will only require a service every two years.

Just make sure to note the contact details in the unlikely event you ever need to call them.

Keith.

Keithl - 2020-09-28 12:34 AM

*MobiloVan applies to vehicles purchased from an authorised Mercedes-Benz Dealer, originally destined for and first registered in the UK on or after 01.10.2012. To extend your coverage beyond the initial three years of warranty cover and up to a maximum of thirty years, have your vehicle serviced at one of our approved workshops and it will automatically be renewed until the next service is due. Terms and conditions apply."

Keith.

Hmmm This gets interesting. What I wonder, Keith is what constitutes an authorised Mercedes Benz Dealer? The authorised servicing dealer was emphatic that my warranty of 2 years was now expired, yet your quote would indicate the expiry is conditional on an authorised dealer being the sales agent. This poses an interesting question for motorhome owners. My sales dealer was Travelworld (now Ernest Hymer Stafford). So...question is are they recognised as an authorised Mercedes-Benz dealer? If no, my warranty is 2 years. If yes, it is 3 years.

Archived