Micro Camper ..excessive day heat

Bluebottle

Hi.....after converting my Peugeot Partner into a single Micro Camper I’m faced with one huge problem.

On a sunny warm day the heat build up is intolerable despite lots and lots of foil/bubble insulation plus other insulation everywhere I can.

The problem is ceiling space and we’re talking 1-2” here. I simply have no headspace for deep insulation.

I’ve sorted the first half of the ceiling and walls...that’s now cool (ish) but the shallow rear is a problem. No room inside for any more insulation. Inside bare metal gets nearly too hot to touch.

The area is about 1sq meter.

Is there any way for external installation? I had an idea of firmly sticking and sealing reflective camping mat to the roof even if it lasts just one season. Could there be a better solution ?

Thanks....

Regarding the Land Rover second roof that’s an idea I had regarding a thin steel sheet attached to roof via spacers with insulation beneath.

It would involve 8 small holes drilled thru roof I guess.

I cannot sacrifice any space beneath ceiling ..I’m at the limit now.

Why not look at mounting a flat deck on roof bars rather than drilling through your steel roof. Your roof most probably has dedicated mounting points for roof bars. Or Solar panels on roof bars would be a very good way of gaining shade!

Keith.

Archived