Mobilsat satellite dish not working

PashaPeasgood

We have a 6 year old Mobilsat satellite dish and receiver. The problem we have is the dish is unable to lock onto any satellites. The reason being frequencies have changed and an update is required. Our problem is the system does not have the facility for a SD card. We somehow need to download the new updates from the web and get them into the control box - has anyone out there done this and if so how do we do it. Mobiltech are suggesting we have to purchase a new box at £350 plus. Surely there is a way around having to do this. Any comments greatly received.

I can only assume you have a iSat unit or maybe an older of one of the bigger dishes?

I have the iSat, the 'new' UK agents are in midlands, last time this happened I sent the control unit off the old UK agents and they updated it for about £30 or so, Mobilsat and the 'new' agent said I would need a new control unit and LNB, I ordered these through the UK agent IIRC £360, a few weeks later a small box with completely incompatible parts turned up, these have been sent back and I'm awaiting their next move.

• 1 year later...

I know that this was raised a few years ago were you able to reactivate the the system

We were watching Tv when the Mobilsat system suddenly was unable to lock on to the satellite. I have been advised that the control box and LNB require updating at a cost in excess of £300. From previous comments the solution has been to replace the the same components with questionably success. Has anyone been successful in being able to return their old Mobilsat receiver to a working condition?

billycassey - 2021-03-05 10:19 AM

I know that this was raised a few years ago were you able to reactivate the the system

Is that me or OP?

If it's me, then it's still a ongoing case, I have been faithly promised that this time (3rd) the correct parts will be delivered, we'll see.

Archived