Morocco at Christmas and New Year

flyboyprowler

Bearing in mind recent events in London, Barcelona & Finland and the nationalities of people involved, I don't think I would go within a million miles of Morocco and definitely not in a Motorhome for a Christian Religious Festival.

2 in a motorhome versus the population of Morocco-pretty stacked odds to me!

Mike

I appreciate your thoughts Mike, but a Nation cannot be tarred with the same brush of a few misguided individuals. Spending a lot of time in Spain, and having Moroccans working odd jobs for us, I find them to be a friendly lot (possibly smiling assassins!) and we encountered no hostility towards us on a recent visit to Casablanca.

I am told the campsites are secure, so I was just after some information as to where was recommended to stay.

flyboyprowler - 2017-08-22 9:31 AM

I appreciate your thoughts Mike, but a Nation cannot be tarred with the same brush of a few misguided individuals. Spending a lot of time in Spain, and having Moroccans working odd jobs for us, I find them to be a friendly lot (possibly smiling assassins!) and we encountered no hostility towards us on a recent visit to Casablanca.

I am told the campsites are secure, so I was just after some information as to where was recommended to stay.

Good for you, I think the Barcelona gang, were/are 2nd generation immigrants, which seems to be a common theme, but not exclusively so.

We spent an enjoyable 2.5 months -mid November to January 2009 /2010 without problems. We found the camp sites and auberges quiet until things got going after Christmas when the French and others came for their winter sun.

We used a book from http://www.lemarocencampingcar.com/ (in French). They might have more up to date info. This company (used?) to run tours but their site hasnt been updated http://www.desertdetours.com/schedule.htm

Would love to go back!!

Archived