Motorhome MOT and service nr Gatwick

Lizzie

Does anyone have a recommendation for somewhere to get the motorhome MOTd? We store ours at Caravan Club site Gatwick so would like to get it done nearby here rather than our home or Reading where we bought the motorhome. it is an old Rapido motorhome so no warranty issues.

I used to have the MOT done on my MH at a place in Crawley industrial estate, only about 2 or 3 miles from the CC site.

Manor Royal Motors, RH10 9PB, tel 01293 513856. The place is a bit rough and ready but they are competent.

I now have my MH serviced and MOT'd at a place in Redhill.

Knox motors, near Horley have done Betsys MOT the last 2 years and I am happy to recommend them. They will also service and repair, but we go to Rossetts on the commercial estate in Crawley for Mercedes service, and this year the MOT is being done there, but they take it somewhere local. I will report back when I pick it up later today.

knoxmotors.co.uk

Crutchfield Lane, Horley, RH6 0HT

Ah, and I just noticed that Knox have 20% off MOT's if you book on line!!!

Casimir - 2016-09-20 9:35 AM

I have had my van MOT'd (usually while I wait) at: Sutton & East Surrey Water Company

SESW Vehicle Services, Frenches Road Depot, Frenches Road, Redhill, Surrey, RH1 1LJ.

Tel: 01737 785808

http://www.waterplc.com/pages/about/mot-and-vehicle-service-redhill/

Yes, that's where I got my last annual service and MOT done. I was happy with their overall service.

flyboyprowler - 2016-09-20 8:04 PM

Update on my previous,

The MOT was done by Webber Motors, Unit 2 Spindle way Crawley, RH10 1TG 01293 543762

Thanks for sharing. I think that's probably where Euro Vans (Crawley) send their vehicles for MOT.

I still think Manor Royal Motors towards the north of Crawley is the easiest for Lizzie to get to from the CC Gatwick site. I may have put her off MRM but it's only the customer waiting area which is a bit basic. MOT is their bread and butter business and they can fix any MOT failures at a reasonable cost.

Come on Lizzie, have we all helped or hindered ???

• 1 month later...
Just feeding back. Thanks Robbo for the suggestion of Manor Royal Motors - it turns out when we phoned the number you gave us that they have folded and Webbers have taken over in the same premises. We booked our MOT with them as it is very close to our storage and seemed just fine. They did the MOT and some work which needed doing for a very reasonable price, ferried us back to the storage place to pick up our car while the work was being done and all in all we were very pleased with them and will use again.

Lizzie - 2016-10-26 2:37 PM

Just feeding back. Thanks Robbo for the suggestion of Manor Royal Motors - it turns out when we phoned the number you gave us that they have folded and Webbers have taken over in the same premises. We booked our MOT with them as it is very close to our storage and seemed just fine. They did the MOT and some work which needed doing for a very reasonable price, ferried us back to the storage place to pick up our car while the work was being done and all in all we were very pleased with them and will use again.

Thanks for the update Lizzie. I didn't know they'd recently been taken over by Webbers.

Archived