Motorhome Warranty about to expire

kevandali

Hi you knowledgeable lot

I have been contacted to inform me that my motorhome Warranty is about to expire, the van is a 2017 model

The delamination and ingress of water is still covered by Autotrail but the component cover such as engine, gearbox, ecu, heating and water system etc is coming to an end.

MB&G Insurance covered the warranty on behalf of Autotrail for the last 3 years but now needs renewing.

Do you lovely lot go with the same company to extend your warranty or can you actually shop around for different deals?

The van is up to date with all services and habitation checks but just not sure how i extend this warranty,

Thanks all

Kev,

I have no recent experience with MH warranties, only the 'free' three months warranty we were given when we bought our MH second hand a few years ago.

It turned out to be as much use as a chocolate teapot when we tried to claim for an oil leak on the power steering. It was what is called an Inclusionary warranty in that it ONLY covered what was specifically listed and excluded anything else! And it stated for any fluid leak there had to be a mechanical failure causing the leak so a leaking seal was not included even though it required the replacement of the steering rack. The dealer ended up paying for the repair as I threatened legal action as the leak was found only a week after it had passed its MOT! And they had tested it themselves!

So for me any insurance based warranty is an absolute no go.

Keith.

I wouldn't waste your money. The forums are full of examples where that particular company wriggle out of claims. I have first hand experience too. The seat belt started fraying just out of manufacturers warranty and they said it was wear and tear! 25 months old with 6,000 miles on it.

Archived