My DOG is no longer on the left.

monique.hubrechtsgm

Roryboy - 2019-09-12 8:05 AM

TinyPic has shut down its image hosting service because they can no longer support a free service that derives 100% of its revenue from ever declining on-site ad revenues.

Many other forums have lost their Avatars as well.

:-D

Not only avatars. I no of one MH forum that has lost many interesting technical photos.

Alan

This 2017 forum thread discussed how to REPLACE the ‘avatar’ image on a forum-member’s posting

https://forums.outandaboutlive.co.uk/forums/Motorhomes/Motorhome-Matters/Image-on-postings-how-to-replace-/46179/

At the time it was (apparently) possible to add an avatar image quite easily, but not to subsequently REPLACE that image with a different one.

In my final posting on Page 2 of the 2017 thread I advised on how to REPLACE an avatar image.

The size of the file that contains the image must not exceed 50KB and, if the method you’ve been using to meet that requirement no longer functions, I can’t help with that.

But if you can get the file-size down to 50KB and want to use that file to REPLACE an existing avater, you could try the method I advised on the link.

(It does need saying that I’ve not changed the avatar on my postings since 2017, so I can’t guarantee that the method would still work!!!)

I’ve now done some testing involving REPLACING my 2017 ‘avatar’ image’ of a Rapido 640F motorhome.

Surprisingly, the first replacement succeeded without any problems, but all subsequent replacements required the text-editing intervention I described on Page 2 of the 2017 thread I mentioned in my preceding posting.

The present 2-parrots avatar image has no subtle significance - it’s just very different visually from my 2017 Rapido 640F avatar - so useful for testing - and I’ll replace it with something less daft when I feel in the mood.

I also tested using an image with a much larger file-size and easily reduced it to about 10KB using this free application

https://www.reduceimages.com/

Derek Uzzell - 2019-09-15 8:48 AM

I don’y understand the fat a*se” ‘joke’, but I’ve tried to choose a suitable Remoaner image as an avatar...

There is no such thing as a 'suitable Remoaner'. :D

Consider yourself unsuitable ... totally. ;-)

Archived