N. Ireland Aires survey, please help

TeamRienza

Ards and N. Down district council (N. Ireland) are seeking information from motorhomers in order to evaluate the need for Motorhome parking and Aires provision in their district. This information may become the template or evidence base for other councils. There is a slow awakening in the whole island of Ireland to the need for facilities. I am working with the council and motorhomecraic.com to seek provision of same.

I would be pleased if you could find the time to complete the survey, even if you have not been to Ireland yet. The answers you provide will almost certainly be similar to your own motorhoming experience. Pass the word to other motorhomers if you can.

https://engage.ardsandnorthdown.gov.uk/tourism/aire-de-service-user-survey

Regards

Davy

Done. Not somewhere we've yet been, but a firm objective for next Spring.

The survey is easy and hopefully will be helpful to the surveyors - but please - DON'T do as we did when ranking your responses. The survey asks you to choose your LEAST favourite as '1', down to your MOST IMPORTANT feature as '6'.

Being a creature of habit, I'm used to choosing my favourite first, and then going down in descending order!

Is it just me?

brom - 2017-12-12 6:29 PM

Done. Not somewhere we've yet been, but a firm objective for next Spring.

The survey is easy and hopefully will be helpful to the surveyors - but please - DON'T do as we did when ranking your responses. The survey asks you to choose your LEAST favourite as '1', down to your MOST IMPORTANT feature as '6'.

Being a creature of habit, I'm used to choosing my favourite first, and then going down in descending order!

Is it just me?

No! I did not notice that, and put my favourite as number 1 also.

Hi guys,

I was in contact with Laura Watson, marketing officer with the council, if you can mail her with the date and approximate time you completed the survey, she can remove it in order to keep the returns accurate. You can then complete another survey.

I would be very grateful if you can find time to do this as this survey may be the basis of future provision throughout the whole of N. Ireland. I have attached the original email to me with contact details.

Thanks,

Davy.

We have been asked to provide you with a link to an online survey on motor home tourism by Ards and North Down Borough Council: https://engage.ardsandnorthdown.gov.uk/tourism/aire-de-service-user-survey - the closing date is Friday 5 January 2018.

We would encourage you to please complete this survey as currently there is little to no research out there and the council are looking to see can they work to improve provisions for motor homes in the area but it is vital they have data to look at the case for this.

They are looking to gather content on the user needs, trends, expenditure etc.

In addition please feel free to forward to anyone else who may not be on our database as the more responses the better the strength of the data.

Regards,

Many thanks for your assistance.

Laura

Laura Watson

Marketing Officer (Tourism)

Ards and North Down Borough Council

028 9127 8085

07500 118 555

Laura.Watson@ardsandnorthdown.gov.uk

Yes I found it confusing, until I worked out that you had to give order preference.

Difficult decision to make on some questions. Could have been better presented IMO.

One future problem that may arise , will be after we leave EU, the passport control getting there, or rather getting back into UK

PJay

PJay - 2017-12-15 11:27 AM

One future problem that may arise , will be after we leave EU, the passport control getting there, or rather getting back into UK

PJay

I don't recall it being a problem before we were in the EU, so I'm not sure why you think it will be a problem after we've left.

:-|

malc d - 2017-12-15 11:40 AM

PJay - 2017-12-15 11:27 AM

PJay

I don't recall it being a problem before we were in the EU, so I'm not sure why you think it will be a problem after we've left.

:-|

Before we where in the EU there was a border (of sorts) between Eire and N Ireland. Are they going to re implement it ? This is one of the stumbling points of us leaving.

We will have to check passports on entry to Uk from NI , otherwise all the illegals/undesirables

will still be coming!, though probably not as easy as from FRANCE now. Can't see a dingy crossing the Irish sea, like they can across the channel to south coast ports.

PJay

The chances of me taking a motorhome to Ireland are nil, but I did fill in the on-line questionnaire.

I’ve some experience of producing questionnaires and - although it doesn’t really matter how preference-ranking is carried out as far as subsequently processing the data is concerned - it is unusual to see ‘reverse value’ ranking as (as has been mentioned above) people will naturally rank preferences with “1” being the most important.

For something like this any feedback from motorcaravanners will be better than none and it will be interesting to see what conclusions will be drawn from the survey.

We take our motor home to Ireland every year, sometimes twice per year. We visit both the North and the South and have never encountered any difficulties- well only one. Bill Clinton was in Dublin to sign the Good Friday agreement and they would not let us drive through Phoenix Park!

There are some spectacular sights and places to see and wonderful food to eat, but best of all are the people. Engaging, helpful and exceptionally friendly. I do hope that this survey will not only encourage the county to improve their sites and facilities but also be taken up and copied by other councils both in the north and in Eire in order to make the whole island more motor home friendly.

Bob

• 2 weeks later...

Archived