NEC

Pete-B

Set off today, thought "what am I going for?"

I don't want to spend my kid's inheritance on a new vehicle that will probably need ten visits to the dealer to get it to the state of my present one, and many thousands to put the extras on.

I don't need a new kettle, gizmo, extra gadget or carry a weight of pamphlets around to put in the bin when I got home.

So.... I went to Ikea and spent a fortune on shelving! ??

We went yesterday with friends, seemed bigger than usual with decent wide aisles and plenty of seating areas in atriums.

Very good selection of new model MH's and lots of van conversions.

Tip: If you want a coffee - go to Weatherspoons in the Atrium!!!

Keith.

Been today( Wednesday) Lots of motorhomes AND a stand selling daffodil and hyacinth bulbs????? why at a caravan and motorhome show I can understand cheese and spirits as these we be consumed in said caravans and motorhomes but bulbs no.

Been there 3 days.

Stayed on the Club site which was nowhere near as full or extensive as in previous years, with the carpark opposite the check in shed, not being used.

In the Halls selling motorhomes, the feelings amongst the sales people were downbeat because of Brexit uncertainty, potential tariffs and above all the huge VED increase on new purchases, particularly if the van is to be delivered after 5th April 2020. Some retailers were even saying to us that if tariffs, now unknown, were imposed, then we would have to agree to discuss with them the financial implications before finally picking up the van!! How any one sold anything on this basis is beyond me. Brave faces was the order of the day, of course, but the retailers who were prepared to sign up with a fixed price, had a definite advantage.

Nevertheless, the show was big, bright and very interesting. Lots of new models with lots of innovation.

Speaking to the general public many were of the opinion that hanging on to their present van was the best policy until more clarity emerges. People new to motorhoming and in their first flush of excitement and anticipation were buying with the tried and tested mantra of “what the hell, you only live once!”

Us?

We went down convinced that no way would we buying a new van and that our present one, only a couple of years old but a little too small for our needs, would certainly serve us well for the foreseeable future.

We bought a new van, with of course, a fixed price!!

longtemps - 2019-10-18 11:06 AM

We went down convinced that no way would we buying a new van and that our present one, only a couple of years old but a little too small for our needs, would certainly serve us well for the foreseeable future.

LOL Love it

longtemps - 2019-10-18 11:06 AM

Been there 3 days.

Stayed on the Club site which was nowhere near as full or extensive as in previous years, with the carpark opposite the check in shed, not being used.

In the Halls selling motorhomes, the feelings amongst the sales people were downbeat because of Brexit uncertainty, potential tariffs and above all the huge VED increase on new purchases, particularly if the van is to be delivered after 5th April 2020. Some retailers were even saying to us that if tariffs, now unknown, were imposed, then we would have to agree to discuss with them the financial implications before finally picking up the van!! How any one sold anything on this basis is beyond me. Brave faces was the order of the day, of course, but the retailers who were prepared to sign up with a fixed price, had a definite advantage.

Nevertheless, the show was big, bright and very interesting. Lots of new models with lots of innovation.

Speaking to the general public many were of the opinion that hanging on to their present van was the best policy until more clarity emerges. People new to motorhoming and in their first flush of excitement and anticipation were buying with the tried and tested mantra of “what the hell, you only live once!”

Us?

Have you got a van to sell then?, What is it?

• 4 weeks later...

Archived