New thetford toilet?

atrekinthesun

atrekinthesun - 2016-09-27 4:44 PM

Our thetford toilet in our motorhome has just broken and looking for a replacement c200 cs I have seen one with wheels. I was wandering if this will fit into motorhome which is a 2003 fiat moncayo

Complete Thetford C200CS toilets can apparently still be bought - example advert here

http://tinyurl.com/hdggbx2

As Keith mentions, Thetford has recently begun to market ‘wheeled’ replacement cassettes for their older models of toilet, but the toilet itself is unchanged. Consequently, if you bought a C200CS toilet (new or secondhand), even if it happened to come with the latest wheeled type of cassette this would not affect installing the toilet in your 2003 motorhome.

Having used both the wheeled and unwheeled cassette I wouldn't pay for the dubious benefit of the small narrow wheels that are unable, by their design to be compact, to wheel quietly or smoothly over anything but a very smooth surface.

The more full and heavy it is the worse it is and it gets quite dirty on soft or muddy ground so to me at least it seems a valiant idea but the drawbacks outweigh the advantages.

That said there are users who do find the wheels of benefit to them when the cassette is heavy, so the choice is yours?

As has been said you do also lose some capacity which may not matter on a site but when off site with no emptying point in range space for every wee might matter!

Guest pelmetman
Derek Uzzell - 2016-09-27 8:04 PM

atrekinthesun - 2016-09-27 4:44 PM

Our thetford toilet in our motorhome has just broken and looking for a replacement c200 cs I have seen one with wheels. I was wandering if this will fit into motorhome which is a 2003 fiat moncayo

Complete Thetford C200CS toilets can apparently still be bought - example advert here

http://tinyurl.com/hdggbx2

As Keith mentions, Thetford has recently begun to market ‘wheeled’ replacement cassettes for their older models of toilet, but the toilet itself is unchanged. Consequently, if you bought a C200CS toilet (new or secondhand), even if it happened to come with the latest wheeled type of cassette this would not affect installing the toilet in your 2003 motorhome.

Chuffed to bits with my new wheels.......seems quite robust to ......Just needs some go faster stripes :D ....

Tracker - 2016-09-27 8:20 PM

Having used both the wheeled and unwheeled cassette I wouldn't pay for the dubious benefit of the small narrow wheels that are unable, by their design to be compact, to wheel quietly or smoothly over anything but a very smooth surface...

If Cyril (atrekinthesun) finds that his brokenThetford C200CS toilet is beyond economic repair and he replaces it on a like-for-like basis, if a cassette comes with the replacement toilet he almost certainly will not have the option to choose between the non-wheeled or wheeled variety.

Presumably Cyril’s present cassette is the non-wheeled type, but it’s to be expected that Thetford will eventually offer only the wheeled variant for the C200 model. A photo in this ebay advert

http://tinyurl.com/zyxx3mv

shows an original-style non-wheeled cassette, but there’s no guarantee that’s what would still be provided.

The significant points, though, are that any C200CS toilet - whether it’s new or secondhand and has a non-wheeled or wheeled cassette - should be a straightforward direct replacement for Cyril’s broken toilet and that C200 non-wheeled and wheeled cassettes are interchangeable.

I’d never seen a Thetford wheeled cassette being ‘towed' until a few weeks ago at a French aire. This was a C250/C260 cassette (large orange wheels and an orange emptying spout) and seemed to cope perfectly well being pulled along on a quite rough stony surface. Replacement sets of wheels are available for C250/C260 and C400 cassettes and I assume that’s also the case with wheeled C200 and C234 cassettes.

Archived