On the road again -a good news story

Geeco

After 3 months almost to the day of being restricted to home by the dreaded zombie apocalypse we have spent our first night on the road. Temp yesterday reached a high of 24C and overnight was just over 10C allowing us to enjoy a good nights rest under the doona on this first day of winter. We have set up on a caravan park about 400klms north of home right on the ocean. While we were not really inconvienenced to any great extent by the lockdown I did feel good about being able to make the choice. Everyone in the caravan park seems to be practicing the social distancing program so all good. There is meant to be a wind shift tonight that should bring with it an increase in the swell. Looking forward to watching the surfers perform on one of the best right breaks on the east coast. One that I spent many hours enjoying as a teenager. Almost makes me want to get fit and give is a rerun!! All this has been made possible by our Government and health officials that overall have done an excellent job of containing this Covid 19 pandemic. Cheers,

teccer1234 - 2020-06-02 9:47 AM

Geeco - 2020-06-02 12:24 AM

made possible by our Government and health officials that overall have done an excellent job of containing this Covid 19 pandemic.

????????????? a terrible job IMO

But Gary is in Australia!!!

It's nice to hear that at least someone is able to get their wheels rolling. My OH would be complaining about those temps though, doesn't like anything above 22, summer is such a joy, and that's in 24 in the middle of the Aussie winter.

sorry I thought he was an aussi over here :$ but I still think the uk government has made a terrible job of sorting things out, I've just left Spain and returned here to chaos, you can do this that the other but stay home etc, and looking at the photo of Bournmoth beach last week ppl here are not taking it seriously enough, in spain the beaches were closed and they ment it

kevina - 2020-06-02 1:43 PM

I love the way Aussies casually drop in that the temperature is 24C in winter.

So where are you; Angourie, Lennox Heads?

Not in Melbourne it isn't, barely getting to double figures this time of year.

teccer1234 - 2020-06-02 5:14 PM

sorry I thought he was an aussi over here :$ but I still think the uk government has made a terrible job of sorting things out, I've just left Spain and returned here to chaos, you can do this that the other but stay home etc, and looking at the photo of Bournmoth beach last week ppl here are not taking it seriously enough, in spain the beaches were closed and they ment it

We are still here in Spain, but need to be back in the UK at the end of the month. The beaches here are opening, but only if the respective area has reached a low level of infection. The borders are closed for UK citizens certainly until the infection rate in the UK shows improvement. How the UK can unlock at the rate it is, while putting arrivals in the country under self isolation is lunacy. Even on the UK news few people are distancing correctly, and virtually no one is wearing a mask outside, which is compulsory here in Spain. The UK government have done an appalling job, and well done to Australia, enjoy your new found freedom. As soon as we are able to leave again from the UK we will be OFF!!

kevina - 2020-06-02 12:43 PM

I love the way Aussies casually drop in that the temperature is 24C in winter.

So where are you; Angourie, Lennox Heads?

Not that far north Crescent Heads is our location but yes both locations above are great surfing spots. The swell did not happen as forecast and the ocean is very flat almost like a sheet of glass.

Interesting just after I posted the south wind did bring colder wind as there has been good snow falls on the AU Alps. It is early am here with temp forecast for 19C today with overnight 7C so closer to normal winter temps on this part of the coast. Sorry my purpose was not to brag about the temps but more to let you know how good the conditions were on our first day out of semi isolation. Cheers,

Guest pelmetman
Geeco - 2020-06-02 12:24 AM

After 3 months almost to the day of being restricted to home by the dreaded zombie apocalypse we have spent our first night on the road. Temp yesterday reached a high of 24C and overnight was just over 10C allowing us to enjoy a good nights rest under the doona on this first day of winter. We have set up on a caravan park about 400klms north of home right on the ocean. While we were not really inconvienenced to any great extent by the lockdown I did feel good about being able to make the choice. Everyone in the caravan park seems to be practicing the social distancing program so all good. There is meant to be a wind shift tonight that should bring with it an increase in the swell. Looking forward to watching the surfers perform on one of the best right breaks on the east coast. One that I spent many hours enjoying as a teenager. Almost makes me want to get fit and give is a rerun!! All this has been made possible by our Government and health officials that overall have done an excellent job of containing this Covid 19 pandemic. Cheers,

Good news indeed B-) .........

But you Aussies have had the advantage of not having to accept "Free Movement" from 27 other nations ;-) ........

Just sayin :D ........

Guest pelmetman
flyboyprowler - 2020-06-02 9:51 PM

We are still here in Spain, but need to be back in the UK at the end of the month. The beaches here are opening, but only if the respective area has reached a low level of infection. The borders are closed for UK citizens certainly until the infection rate in the UK shows improvement. How the UK can unlock at the rate it is, while putting arrivals in the country under self isolation is lunacy. Even on the UK news few people are distancing correctly, and virtually no one is wearing a mask outside, which is compulsory here in Spain. The UK government have done an appalling job, and well done to Australia, enjoy your new found freedom. As soon as we are able to leave again from the UK we will be OFF!!

When we arrived back from Spain we went into voluntarily Lockdown for 14 days ;-) .......

It's what responsible people do :-| .........

BTW its a bit early to count the scores on the doors, but we have yet to send in the army to find dead and dying folk in "our" care homes 8-) .........

pelmetman - 2020-06-03 4:50 PM

flyboyprowler - 2020-06-02 9:51 PM

When we arrived back from Spain we went into voluntarily Lockdown for 14 days ;-) .......

It's what responsible people do :-| .........

BTW its a bit early to count the scores on the doors, but we have yet to send in the army to find dead and dying folk in "our" care homes 8-) .........

The care homes in UK are very hard hit, one alone has had 25 dead.

Archived