Parking at the NEC

ColinM50

Going to the Motorhome show tomorrow and bearing in mind the forecast gales, I'm thinking of travelling tonight and just parking in their car park for the night. We'd get there around 9:30pm.

Anyone know if there's any issues surrounding this? Someone on another forum said they'd asked NEC similar Q last year and they were told their security patrols would knock them up during the night and move them on. Anyone know if they do that in reality?

some people stop overnight at the national motorcycle museum which is very close (on the roundabout to the nec) without any problems, I have never used it as I live in Birmingham and take about 30 minutes for me to get there.

Also someone said that they stopped overnight on the carpark of the toby carvery about ten minutes further down the coventry road (they did buy a meal and ask permission)

Hope this helps.

Pete

Changed the day in the end and went yesterday mid am so stayed overnight yesterday. Got chatting to a Welsh couple at the show and we followed them to their normal overnight stop - the Harvester in Coleshill. They've been staying there five years, before that they stayed at a pub in Meriden (??) but apparently that's got really busy with loads of M/H's and last year there was a bit of a fight 'cos someone had taken another's fav spot. Dreadful eh, arguing over free parking in a pub.

Anyway as mentioned we stayed at the Harvester, two other M/H's there, had a decent meal and toyed with having breakfast this morning but decide not to.

• 11 months later...

Just to resurrect an old thread, we're going to the NEC next week and will stay overnight in our M/H. NEC's motorhome park is £31 a night if you can get in

I've checked with both the Harvester where we stayed last year and the Toby Carvery at Stonebridge Island and as long as you're buying a meal, they're both happy for you to park overnight free.

We think we'll go Friday so maybe see some of you in one car park or another (lol) (lol)

Laika.brian - 2018-10-09 11:03 PM

I know its a bit off the subject, But my son and I are literally flying in on the Friday, early morning flight Dublin to Birmingham and the shuttle train from airport to train station walk to NEC, fly back Friday evening.

hope it works well.

No reason for it not to, that’s why those facilities are there. Enjoy the show and have a groovy trip.

Archived