Parking in Brighton

marksrv6

The council is probably the better choice as suggested above.

Most of Brighton and Hove is restricted parking. There are spaces along Madeira Drive just

east of Palace Pier. 4 hrs = £11. You will be lucky to find a space plus you would need a good 4 hrs in the town

ASDA are at the Marina but have a heavy over time charge of £70. (Just called them)

There are parking spaces along Hove sea front and there are buses that could take you into Brighton,

There is a CC site within walking distance of the coastal road with buses into the town centre but not sure how they cater for parking only. 01273 626546. (NO parking just called them)

That's about all I can think of apart from park outside the area and use the train for the day. We go by train as its the only way.

Will

I have spoken to the council and they don't have any designated motorhome parking, the person I spoke to in the parking department asked a colleague and he said "I have seen motorhomes parked up on Kings Road" so we will see in a couple of weeks when we go. I am not optimistic because Kings Road is the main seafront road. I will update after my visit.

We have visited several times before so we know the town and don't mind walking a distance to get into town.

We parked on Marine Parade in February 2016 in our 6.24m van. No problems with access, no height restriction nothing to say vans can't park there-pay and display rates not dependent on type or size of vehicle. Found a space reasonably easily on a week day being so out of season. Great cycle lanes along the seafront so if you have bikes with you and can't find a space so close to the town its worth trying all along the seafront as far as Hove to find a space as Will says and cycling back to Brighton with the wind in your hair! :-) Enjoy- I love Brighton.

Veronica

alanedwin - 2016-09-26 1:54 PM

Seem to remember when we were there 2 years ago there were a few people parked on the entrance road to the CC site. From there it's about 150 yards to a bus stop to take you into town.

Yes they do. However, when we were there September last year, the local wardens were having great fun putting tickets on every car and van parked on the entrance road one Saturday :-(

FD

Why not do what we do and simply stay on the CC site for a few nights? From there you can take a bus, walk along the seafront or take the little electric train into town. On other days you can walk round the marina or up on the downs. Means you'll get full day in town and time to browse the fascinating shops in the lanes.

Brighton is difficult. When going somewhere new, we generally park on the outskirts and cycle in and around the place - a good way of seeing it. Then we look out for any better parking places closer to the centre for a future visit. We didn't find anywhere in Brighton.

This afternoon 28th Sept I drove along Brighton and Hove seafront. Plenty of spaces on the Hove side. Madeira Drive (east of the pier) was 1/4 empty with around 100 spaces but remember its September. In all the outlying roads in Brighton and Hove they have timed waiting restrictions.

The entrance road to the CC site has a restriction so not a good idea to park there.

If you like a long walk you can eat and park at the Saltdean Tavern (Carvery). Then walk 200 yards towards the sea through a tunnel under the chalk cliff to the Undercliffe Walk a wide footpath Turn right and you can walk to Brighton Marina 5.5 miles then another 1 mile into Brighton. Catch the bus back to Saltdean.

Will86 - 2016-09-28 6:24 PM

This afternoon 28th Sept I drove along Brighton and Hove seafront. Plenty of spaces on the Hove side. Madeira Drive (east of the pier) was 1/4 empty with around 100 spaces but remember its September. In all the outlying roads in Brighton and Hove they have timed waiting restrictions.

The entrance road to the CC site has a restriction so not a good idea to park there.

What sort of restriction at the CC end of the road. Timing or what?

Ron

Restricted

parking

ZONE

"O"

Except

in parking bays

This is exactly what is on the standard sign. In the centre is a large blue disc "O" with a red border and a red diagonal line. There are two signs one each side of the entrance. How many bays and how many can park would be impossible to predict for any given day. Google 'Wilson Road' for pictures.

We're at the cc site now so I've checked on the parking situation on the approach road for you. There are parking bays there but the maximum stay is 6 hours with no return within 4 hours. Today is Thursday and there have been plenty of spare bays each time we've walked that way.. Allow half an hour to get into Brighton by bus and you'd have five hours max in Brighton and that may be cutting it fine. No idea of the charges I'm afraid.

OK, just to update everyone we parked on Roedean Road not far from the marina, its where a lot of coaches park. 10mins into town on our bikes, there is a bus stop which I would think you could catch a bus into town or about a 30 min walk.

I guess Brighton's young and trendy image doesn't want to be spoiled by a load of old codgers with motorhomes so they are not interested in providing parking for them!!

marksrv6 - 2016-10-08 9:50 PM

OK, just to update everyone we parked on Roedean Road not far from the marina, its where a lot of coaches park. 10mins into town on our bikes, there is a bus stop which I would think you could catch a bus into town or about a 30 min walk.

I guess Brighton's young and trendy image doesn't want to be spoiled by a load of old codgers with motorhomes so they are not interested in providing parking for them!!

Brightons Council seem to be unaware that it is the Older motorhome generation that have the highest disposable income these days, how do they think we afforded the motorhomes in the first place ?

And, most of these motorhomes are owned outright, not on ultra low interest and unsustainable credit.

A bit like their homes, mortgage paid very low debt levels.Come on Brighton and others, wake up and smell the coffee.

BRIGHTON IS FULL ... SATURATED.

The space required for M/H's is mainly seasonal and living a short distance away I've seen Brighton expand from nothing to its present saturation point.

There are several areas where a M/H dedicated space could be laid out such as Devils Dyke or near the Racecourse but this would immediately invite a mass of 'overstaying' groups and itself become saturated.

So it remains as it is and I cannot see it changing. There are ways around the present situation as have been offered.

I doubt anyone is against M/H users in general but its what can follow that is the real problem. Any dedicated site would need tough continuous security and all at a cost.

Remember Brighton is a City and because its attached to an open sea it appears to be half size.

Who would pay £40 or £50 per daily parking for that's what it would have to be !

Another solution is to abuse the parking rules and pay the fine. You will have had a great day out and accepted the costs in your day at the seaside making sand castles !

Will

Archived